16. chapter

(Prepare some tissues😄💜😘)

Marilyn's POV :

"Lauren?! Are you there?!" then the call canceled.
Or she hang up.
"No!" i screamed.
That scream contained anger and disappointment at the same time.
How could she do that to me?
How?
How?
How?

I loved her so much. So much, that it hurts.
And the worst thing was, that i wanted to forgive her and have her in my arms.

But she replaced me for someone else.
And that fact...that fact hurt me.
And made another cut on my heart.

After a while my phone rang and i picked up without looking who called.
"Yes?" i asked with sigh.
"Is there mister Warner?" woman's voice asked.
""Yes, why? Who are you?" i was confused.
"I am nurse in city hospital. Do you know miss Lauren Tight?" she asked and my heart started beating faster.
Why are they calling me from hospital?
"Yes, why? Did something happend to her?" i asked.
"Unfortunutely, i have bad news for you. Miss Tight had a car accident." it sounds like chlichè, but it was like time stopped.
I dropped my phone and i felt first tear on my check.

No way.
That's not happening. It can't!
I ran into the streets right in that moment and catched a taxi.

"I'm looking for Lauren Tight." i said to concierge when i arrived to hospital. I realized, that my voice was shaking.
"Second floor, last door. Nurse should be standing in front of her door." she smiled and i ran fastest i could.
Everyone was looking at me, but i didn't care. Because i was losing my Lara.
My love.

I reached second floor, second door and saw nurse standing there.
"H-how is she?" i asked still with shaking voice.
"It looks really bad, i won't lie. Something hurt a few organs, i don't know which. Doctors just started with a surgery. That's everything i can tell you for now." she said.
I nodded and sat on chair in waiting room.
I hid my face in hands and started to cry. With real tears.
With real sorrow and fear.

I looked up at my hands, and i saw black tears on them.
Black, because of my make-up.
I had to look like a scarecrow.
I looked to the right and saw a man staring at his shoes.
"Who a-are you?" i asked still crying.
"I called the ambulance." he looked up at me and he had red eyes too.
"Do you know her?"
"Yes, i do. I was in bar with her. I'm her brother." he said and i freezed.
"What? You are the man, she was in bar with?" i whispered didn't expecting the answer.
"No, no, no, no, no." i stood up with hands in my hair.

"How could i be so stupid? No, no, no, no!" i sobbed.
I really thought she would cheat on me!
You can not imagine how angry i was at myself in the moment.
"You fucking idiot, Brian!" few tears fell on floor too.
In that moment someone put hand on my shoulder.
And it was Twiggy.
"Man, you look terrible. How is she?" he asked.
"She is dying! She is dying! She is dying because of me!" i was screaming and couldn't stop myself.
"No, what are you saying?! Stop, Marilyn. Stop! Stop!" he was yelling too.
"She is dying." i fell on my knees.
I was kneeling on floor and crying...and crying.

"She isn't, and she won't. Can you hear me? She won't die!" Twiggy wrapped his arms around me trying to calm me down.
"It's my fault. It's my fault. She'll die because of me. I have got her blood on my hands." i was screaming again.
"Don't say things like that, do you understand? She won't die. And it's not your fault."
"It is. I-i...was shouting at her while she was driving...i blamed her for cheating. I blamed her. I was that stupid, to blame her for something she would never do to me." i was shaking my head.

"What?" in that moment Twiggy wasn't trying to calm me down anymore.
"I know, i know. I am so stupid. And now i'll lose her."
"Brian...honestly....how could you even think about something like that?" he shaked his head to.
"I don't know. In the end it was her brother." i looked up at that man standing there and that made new smelt of tears.
"And now i'll lose her. She is dying, and i'll lose her. I'll lose my love. My Lara. I'll lose my honey."
I lost so many people.
My mother, my father, every girl i dated...
And now when i thought, that i'll be finally happy.
I finally had someone, that would live for me. Die for me.
And now it's really happening.
She's really dying.

Twiggy helped me to get on my own feet, and then sit back on chair.
"Take a deep breath. Breathe, breathe. She will not die!" Twiggy said.
I finally stopped sobbing, but i was still crying.
Then i heared Tyler's voice, but i didn't look up at him.
I was staring on my tears, falling on floor.
"How's she?" he asked.
"She's on surgery right now." Twiggy replied, because if i'd say anything, i would start sobbing again.
"And Brian?" Tyler continued asking.
"Really bad." Twiggy said with sad voice.

"Man, it's gonna be fine, don't worry. This is best hospital in whole California. They'll take care of her." Tyler put his hand on my back, and sat next to me.
"But mostly it's up to Lara. And she isn't a fighter. Someone hurts her, and it's done. I know her too well." i heard cold deep voice coming from the direction where her brother was.
"That means, you don't know Lara that well." Twiggy stood up to face him.
"Trust me. She gives up easily. I saw that car crash. It wasn't a good view.
Blood everywhere. Her blood, most of all..." he continued, and i started shaking again.

"Guards! Please, tell this man to leave!" Tyler yelled.
I heard steps, few screams, and then nothing.
I didn't hear anything, and couldn't see anything thru my tears.

"Screw that son of a bitch!" he put hand on my shoulder.
"Brian?"
"What?" i whispered, because i didn't have the energy to talk.
"I just...i really don't know what to say in situation like this. Everything i can tell you, is that this fucker was wrong. Lara is strong a woman, and she'll do everything to come back. To come back to you. She wouldn't leave you behind." he said and i just nodded.
I hoped he was right.

\~~\\~~\

I don't know how long have i been sitting there with pitched head in hands.
Couple of minutes, hour, hours...

Then, the door opened and i got up in that moment. You can't imagine that fear i felt.
"Please, tell me she's okay." i told the doctor.
"Yes, she is okay...for now. Surgery was very difficult, but we made it. Something made of iron slightly stabbed her stomach and bowel. But we fixed it, so there shouldn't be problems with that." doctor said and my tears of happiness fell.
"Gosh." i chuckled with sigh.
"But..." doctor started and i freezed.
"She is in coma. Unfortunutely, there's 60%, that she won't wake up or something will complicate."
"60%?" i asked subsumed.
"I am really sorry. You can visit her, if you want. There's a chance she'll hear you." he said and then left us alone.
"Man, that's good news! She is alive!" Twiggy and Tyler smiled.
"I know. My honey is alive." i smiled thru another tears too.

I opened the door, and i saw my love.
I won't lie, it was horrible view.
I came closer to her, unable to believe what have i seen and hid her hand in mine
"You can't even imagine, how scared i was. I was worried sick. Thank you. You made it." i trailed my fingers across her cheeck and sat on chair next to her bed.
"What have i been telling you? She's a fighter." Twiggy said.
It hurt so much, seeing her like this.
She had bloody scratches and many bruises...
"Please, can you leave us alone?" i asked guys.
"Yes, sorry, Marilyn. Come on." Tyler said, and then they left.

"I love you. I don't know, if you can hear me, but i want to apologize. I am an stupid idiot. I won't forgive myself, that i blamed you for cheating, ever." i stopped for a while, because i didn't want her to hear me cry.

"This is all my fault. And i regret it more than everything i've done in my stupid life. So, i beg you, don't leave me. I need you here. More than anyone in my life. I need you." i said with shaking voice.
"I got what i deserve. Or do i deserve to suffer more? Do i deserve to lose you?"

What do you think?💜