Chapter 9- 7 Minutes in Heaven

"I dare you to play 7 minutes in Heaven with Zach," She said, smirking. I looked at her with an 'I'm going to kill you' look. I got up and immediately, Corbyn was pushing me and Zach into a closet.

"Get in there, you lovebirds," He said.

It was dark inside, of course, and it was kind of awkward.

"So...." I said.

"So..." He replied back, turning on the lights.

"Where do you want to go tomorrow?" I asked.

"Anywhere with you."

"Can't get enough of me?" I jokingly said.

"Yup." When he mentioned this, I started blushing and playfully pushed him. We laughed it off. 

"Wanna go to the beach again?"

"I'm down," he replied.

"Alright then," I said. We went back to silence. I checked my hands, bored.

He touched my hand, "You are so perfect." And then he intertwined our hands together. I looked at our hands intertwined in disbelief, but I still smiled.

He's holding my hand. Zachary Dean Herron is holding my hand right now.

"What?" He said, pulling me out of my thoughts, "I just wanted to see how your hand feels in mine," He smiled cheekily at me. He chuckled and then we both blushed and looked away.

Isabella knocked on the door, "Can I go in? Or are you two making out?"

"We're not making out!" I yelled and Zach and I's hands stopped intertwining and I saw that twinkle in his eyes stop to sparkle as much. I opened the door to reveal Corbyn and Isabella staring at us in disbelief. The rest of the boys were just standing there, not surprised.

"YOU DIDN'T KISS?!" Corbyn screamed.

"YEAH! YOU DIDN'T KISS?" Isabella screamed in agreement. I chuckled and so did the rest of the boys except Corbyn.

"I mean... was that your plan?" I said.

"Yeah!" Corbyn and Isabella said at the same time.

"When I say 'run,' let's run to your room," I whispered to Zach.

"Like, how did you not-" Corbyn started, but I cut him off.

"RUN!" Zach and I ran to his room and locked the door.

"They seemed a little mad," I giggled, "I'll just chill here for 5 more minutes until the situation is defused."

I waited for 5 more minutes and I heard nothing outside.

"Huh. That's weird," I said.

"What?" Zach asked.

"It's completely quiet outside."

"Oh yeah. Do you think they went somewhere without us?"

"You wanna go check it out, then?" I asked him and he nodded. I headed outside first and immediately slipped. There was oil on the floor!

"OW!" I said and the whole group came over with silly string and sprayed me, "ZACH! HELP ME."

"No thanks!" He said, grabbing a can of silly string and started to spray me.

"I WILL HAVE MY REVENGE ON ALL OF YOU!" I said, getting up and pushing Corbean towards the oil. He slipped and grabbed Daniel's hand causing Daniel to go down with Bean. We all started laughing when Isabella pushed Jonah towards the oil too.

"OW! I thought we were friends!" Jonah said. Isabella continued to laugh.

In the end, everyone ended up slipping anyway, including Zach. Everyone started to settle down. The boys and Isabella were downstairs and Zach was in his room. I headed downstairs.

"Hey, Jack Frost! I have a question for you! Where's the ice?" I asked.

"It's in the freezer!" He answered, "Why?"

"Oh, nothing!" I answered sweetly. I grabbed the ice and headed towards Zach's room. He laid in bed, on his phone facing the other way. I took a bunch of ice and shoved them down his back. He screamed and jumped up.

"Why would you do that?!" He shrieked. Everyone ran upstairs to see what was going on.

"WHAT HAPPENED?!" Jack said, "I heard a scream and ran up here as fast as I can. What happened, Brooklyn?"

"Nothing. That girly scream you heard was from Zach when I shoved ice down his back," I said.

"Oh. Well, in that case, we'll leave now," Daniel said.

"Ok. Bye!" I said.

"Wh-What? You care for her and not me?" Zach asked and Daniel ignored her. He turned to me and asked me again, "Seriously why would you shove ice down my back?"

"Because I felt like it," I answered and yawned.

"Are you tired?" Zach asked.

"Yeah, kind of," I replied.

"Alright! Let's get ready to sleep then," Zach said.

I went to the restroom and changed to my pajamas. I returned to reveal a shirtless Zach. To be honest, I preferred this, but I can't just stare all day.

"Alright. Good night," I yawned.

"Good night," Zach said. I walked towards the guest room and I fell asleep quickly once I got comfortable.