Twenty: Welcome to Sakaar

When Sigyn reluctantly arrived at the party later that night, she was met by a large room full of brightly-coloured costumes. It didn't take her long to pick Loki out of the crowd.

He was dressed in blue leather armour with a yellow cape.

"I thought blue was my colour," she said.

"Maybe that's why I chose it." He grinned. "And I see you're now sporting my green." He nodded to her own Sakaarian robes, a mix of greens and blues.

"Well, I didn't choose it." With that, she left him and was soon lost amongst the crowd.

As he was standing there sipping his drink, clad in his new armour, Loki noticed Sigyn standing awkwardly by herself amongst the Sakaarian folk. Smiling a little, he took a second drink from a tray and approached her - only for Grandmaster to swoop in ahead of him.

Sigyn was standing at the edge of the crowd when suddenly, the Grandmaster appeared before her, offering her a drink.

She slowly took it. "Thank you."

"Oh my pleasure, Lady Sigyn, my pleasure. So, what do you think of Sakaar so far?"

"Um, it's very..." What should she say? "Colourful."

"Ah, isn't it just. So, what's your story?" he asked her, leaning against the counter and sipping his drink.

"Well, I'm Asgardian, as you know, born and raised. My father was one of the king's most trusted guards. He and my mother both died in battle, serving the realm. I knew the horrors of war from a young age. But Odin raised me in the palace along with his two sons and we became the best of friends." She smiled fondly at the memories. "And now I've trained as a warrior myself, in the defense and protection of the realm."

"So you're a fighter?"

"Yes, I am."

"Well then you'll love my famous Contest of Champions, I just know it! No one has managed to defeat my special champion yet, he's unbeatable!"

"Sounds very interesting."

Finally the Grandmaster left her. Loki had been tempted to make some sort of mischief just to get him to leave. Now he took his chance before he could be interrupted again.

Sigyn saw him coming though and turned to leave. "It's been a long, trying day. I'm tried, I shall retire."

"Can I escort you back to your room?"

"No no, don't bother yourself." She waved him off.

He followed her out into the hall, drink still in hand. "You're not really thinking about going back, are you?"

This stopped her. "It's our home."

"It's a prophecy. It's meant to happen."

She scoffed. Could he really be that careless?