Prologue

Sigyn made her way down to the dungeons. The torchlight reflected eerily off of the ornately carved walls. A chill swept past her, causing her to shiver and pull her cloak tighter around herself.

This wasn't her idea. It had been a request from Frigga, the queen, so she couldn't disobey. However, despite not wanting to do this, she couldn't deny her curiosity.

The guards let her inside, she nodding her thanks to them. The dungeons were nearly full, full of the marauders they had been stopping from waging war across the Nine Realms. She had helped put them all here in these cells, played a part in their capture. All but one - he had been brought here all by his own doing.

The prisoners all seemed to eye her as she walked by, and she wished that the cells were not lined with glass. As she passed by one cell, she couldn't help but notice the way the men inside were looking at her, and she didn't like it. A handful of magic appeared in her palm and she sent it shooting towards the glass, the magic glass absorbing it, but it still caused the prisoners to jump back.

Soon - too soon - she had arrived at the very last cell. She took a deep breath. This was it.

The guard who had been watching over this cell stepped forward and addressed who was inside. "You have a visitor." The guard then stepped aside again, allowing her to come forward and face the prisoner.

When he saw who it was that had come to visit him, a devilish smile appeared on his lips and his green eyes shone with delight. They regarded each other through the glass for a moment. To her it felt like hours.

He spoke first. "Hello Sigyn."

There was a long pause before she answered. "Hello Loki."

(So it's short, I know, but I hope you liked it and that it was a good set-up! I think it will go pretty chronologically from now on, so if you haven't seen 'Ragnarok', don't worry, no spoilers, that part of the story will be towards the end!

As for Sigyn's powers - I had some trouble finding out what she was exactly the goddess of - I thought it was fertility, like plant life, but that's actually Freyja, so I'm going to borrow that from her. Also, as you saw in this chapter, she has some magic abilities too :) anyways, enough from me, hope you enjoyed and thanks so much for reading!)