Twenty-three: The Revengers

"Oh Thor, thank the gods!" Sigyn rushed to hug her friend when 142 returned with him and an unfamiliar man. "I thought that big, awful, green creature killed you! I like your hair by the way, I think it suits you."

Thor ran a hand through his short and now slightly-spiky hair. "Thank you. A creepy old man cut it off."

Then she turned to the other man. "Who's this?"

"Oh he's the big, awful, green creature."

The man just stood there awkwardly. "Thanks."

"But we're keeping that under wraps for now. It stresses him out," Thor added softly.

"Oh..."

"But this is Banner. Banner this is my friend, Sigyn. Sigyn, this is Banner, one of the Avengers."

She turned to the man. "Lovely to meet you, I've heard all about the Avengers - all good things, by the way, you all sound lovely..."

"Bruce, nice to meet you. Yeah, I've heard about you too."

"Please, forgive me for what I said before-"

"Naw, naw it's alright. I'm not the biggest fan of the Hulk either," he assured her.

"And Valkyrie, do you know Sigyn?" Thor asked 142.

"We've met." 142 hopped up and sat on the counter, drink in hand.

"Wait, you're a Valkyrie?!" Sigyn cried. "From the elite, all-female army of Asgard?! Oh why didn't you say so before?! You know, the Valkyrie were my inspiration for becoming a warrior."

"I'll drink to that." The other woman raised the bottle as if in a toast. She took a large gulp. "You know, you actually look familiar, now come to think of it. That, or I might have had too little to drink..." She squinted, studying the other woman. "Nope, nope, definitely familiar."

"What is it with everyone either recognizing you or looking like you?" Thor asked his friend, lowering his voice.

"Your guess is as good as mine," she replied.

"You look like Liv, Cap's friend, on Earth" added Banner.

"And Strange's friend, also on Earth. But we don't know why." Thor picked up an empty can and lobbed it at his brother.

It struck him right in the head. "Ow."

"Just had to be sure you were really here."

"Really am." The dark-haired god then smiled at Banner. "Hello, Bruce."

Banner kept his distance. "So, last time we met you were out to kill everybody. Where are you at these days?"

"Oh it varies from moment to moment." At this, Banner paled.

"So, Your Majesty," said Valkyrie. "What's your plan?"

"We're going to escape through one of those doorways," Thor explained, gesturing out the window to the sky filled with portals.

"Alright. We go through and we'll reach Asgard in about, oh, eighteen months," she calculated.

"No, we're going through the big one," stated Thor.

Valkyrie raised her eyebrows. "The Devil's Anus?"

"That what?" cried Sigyn. Loki snorted.

"Anus? Whose anus?" asked Banner. "The Devil's?"

"To be honest I didn't know that's what it was called when I chose it," Thor defended.

"Well then we're going to need another ship, that'll tear mine to pieces," Valkyrie told him.

"I don't mean to intervene," began Loki, but was cut off when Valkyrie whipped the bottle in her hand at his head, it smashing into the wall behind him, shattering into a million pieces, having narrowly missed his head. "If I may make a suggestion: the Grandmaster has a great many ships. And I might have stolen the security codes."

Thor looked at his brother. "You did, really?"

"I just might have..."

"What, suddenly overcome with the want to do the right thing?" mocked Valkyrie.

"Oh heavens no. I've run out of favour with the Grandmaster. I help you escape and all I ask in return is safe passage - straight through the Anus."

This was met by a collective, slightly-awkward silence. The others exchanged a glance, Thor gradually nodding.

"Uh, excuse me, can we just team huddle, real quick." Banner waved for the other three to join him in a little circle. "Um, we're not actually thinking of trusting him, are we? I mean, just a few minutes ago he seemed ready to kill everyone."

"He tried to kill me," agreed Valkyrie.

"There was this one time where he transformed himself into a snake, and he knows I love snakes, so I picked it up and then he went 'Meyhm, it's me!' and then he stabbed me. We were eight at the time," recounted Thor.

"I can hear you," said Loki in a sing-song voice.

"Alright. But even if we do get through security we'll still need a distraction," Valkyrie reminded them.

"Already on it," Sigyn announced. "My wedding to the Grandmaster."

"Excellent! Wait, what?" cried Thor.

"Why don't you just unleash the beast," said Loki.

"Shhhhh - shut up," ordered Thor.

"We have a beast?!" cried Valkyrie, sounding excited.

"I'll explain later."

"Who is this guy again?" She nodded to Banner.

"I'll explain later. Alright, Team Revengers!" Thor pumped his fist into the air. "Revengers - uh, Revengers Rule!"

"What?"

"Well I was trying to go for an 'Avengers Assemble' sort of thing, but it's not really the same, is it?"

"No, not really." Banner shook his head.

"Oh well. Let's go and save Asgard! Because that's-"

"Oh please don't say it," Loki cut him off.

Thor grinned. "That's what heroes do!"

(That's what heroes do! Ah, got to love those quality sibling moments! ;) Haha! Thank you so much for reading and I hope you all enjoyed (as always!))