Chapter 21: Kuma Arrives

Start from the beginning

"You guys are really easy targets." He sighed, looking up at the large castle. "Hopefully the large zombie ends up being a challenge."

"Oi, Katsu!" A loud deep voice yelled, "Watch out!"

"Huh?" A lighter, more feminine voice chimed before a loud crash.

"Katsu!" A squeaky voice cried.

Makoto winced in sympathy, "Sounds like she'll be out for the count." He looked around his surroundings. "Now then, how do I get over there?"

...........................

The fighting continued around her. When she tried to move her body screamed in sharp pain. Even breathing pained her, as every breath delivered a sharp stab to her chest.

Katsu saw her crew still fighting. She should still be fighting. Yet, she couldn't muster the strength to stand. Every movement brought pain. She had yet to numb it.

Now, she counted down the minute until her body would grow numb. Then she would try to stand once more. She had to buy time for her Captain.

"Robin!" She knew that voice belonged to Sanji.

Shakily and painfully, Katsu tried to lift her head to see Morria standing behind the raven haired female.

"R-Robin..." Katsu muttered, trying to stand again. "No...." her eyes widened as Robin fell to the ground, her shadow in Morria's hand.

Pain doubled, sending her back to the ground. She had fourth five seconds left. Her eyelids were growing heavy.

"I can't sleep." She whispered.

Another rumble on the ground, then more cries. Two more crew mates down.

Black spots filled her vision. She was starting to numb. However, the more numb she grew the less she could see.

The last thing she heard was Nami's cries for another crew member. Then, silence welcomed her and darkness surrounded her.

........................

The ground shook and spoke filled the air. Makoto gripped the stone wall for support, his eyes going to the dust that polluted the air.

Seeing the large zombie's body lying on the ground made him blink. "Weren't they just losing?" Shrugging he started running once more. An entrance just ahead of him.

In a matter of minutes, the zombie and Morria had been defeated. Makoto blinked, his gaze going over the destruction made from the fighting. People flooded the battlefield, all of them watching a figure fall from the sky. The male's figure growing smaller and smaller as he neared the ground, shadows escaping him.

"Is nobody going to catch him?" Makoto muttered, watching the teen fall. "Guess not."

"Luffy!" A orange haired female yelled.

"Luffy! Are you okay?!" Makoto recognized that voice from earlier.

He watched as all the people from him ran to the boy named Luffy. A smirk played on his lips, "For a runt he didn't do too bad."