Chapter Five ~ Too Soon?

*Pippas POV*

I sat on the bed freaking out, because after drunkenly sleeping with my boss, I kissed him. What is my problem?

I got off the bed and opened my bag getting out some new clothes for the day. I wanted to take a shower, but I also didn't want to leave the room, so I decided I would manage with dry shampoo today.

Once I was dressed and my hair didn't look like such a mess anymore, I sat on the bed. A few moments later a heard a knock on the door.

"Pippa, could we talk?" I heard Lin ask from the other side of the door.

"Didn't we just talk?" I asked, I knew what he wanted to talk about and I wasn't sure if I could handle another talk.

"Yes, but that talk just made me more confused." He told me, which was completely understandable, I kissed him then ran away. "Please Phillipa, talk to me." He said, I sighed getting up and opened the door.

"Hey Lin..." I said standing in the doorway.

"Hey..."

"Look I'm sorry I did that, it was completely inappropriate." I told him looking down.

"Its Okay..." He said lifting my chin with his finger. "You did nothing wrong."

"Lin I kissed you."

"Yes, you did. Now can you tell me what you did wrong."

"Lin..." I sighed.

"Phillipa..." He mocked. "You know I don't mind you kissing me." He said and I flushed a light pink.

"Lin- I.."

"We could kiss more if you wanted." He said his face moving closer to mine, as my heart did flips in my chest.

"I..." I started but was cut off by his lips pressing against mine.

Immediately I felt fireworks go off, and butterflies erupt in my stomach. But I pulled away, and I looked into his eyes.

"Phillipa, what is this?" He asked starring right back into my eyes. "Do you want something with me or..?"

"I- I don't know." I said, I did know. I want to be his girlfriend, but this was all happening so fast. "Lin.. my fiancé broke up with me less than 24 hours ago..."

"His loss.."

"And your wife.."

"Ex-wife." He corrected.

"Left you only a few days ago... I'm still not over Steven." She told him. "And I'm sure you can't be over Vanessa yet... I think it's just too soon for anything to happen between us."

"Will anything more happen between us?" He asked.

"Maybe..."

"Is that all?"

"I'm sorry.." I said looking down once again. I felt bad, because I do want to be with him. I was scared of starting a new relationship so quickly, what would people think?

"Please don't apologise Pippa." He said and I looked at him again.

"So you're not mad?"

"There's no reason for me to be mad." He told me with a gentle smile, which really just made me like him more.

"Stop." I tell him, because I'm very sure if he keeps this up I might just kiss him again.

"Stop what?" He asked raising his eyebrow.

"You know what.."

"I really don't pip." He told me and I sighed.

"Being supper sweet."

"What? Why?" He asked.

"Because it makes me like you more."

"And what so wrong with that?" He asked and his face moved a bit closer to mine.

"Because, the more I like you the more likely I am to kiss you.."

"And that's a bad thing?" He asked his face inches over a bit more.

"Lin, if something happens between us.. if we date or something... what will people think?"

"You care what people think?"

"Well, if people think I'm a whore, I won't be able to another job will I?"

"No one will think that." Lin said and hand went to my cheek.

"But Vanessa and Steven.. that all happened not that long ago..." I said but he kept moving closer.

"Do you like me?" He asked stopping an inch away from my face.

"Yes, Why?"

"Isn't that all that should matter?"

"But- people..."

"Who cares what they think?"

"I do..."

"So you really want to wait?"

"I think it's best.." I said, I know I should probably move but I stay in my spot, starting into his eyes.

"What if..."

"What if, what?" I asked.

"What if we just didn't tell anyone?"

"What do you mean?" I asked. "You mean sneak around, so you just want to have sex with me?" I asked starting to feel a knot form in my stomach.

"No, no.. I mean I do want to have- that's not important.. even if we already have.. we can go as slow as you want." He told me. "We just wouldn't tell anyone."

"I mean..."

"I'm not hearing a no.."

"Well I..." I started trailing off.

"Pippa..."

"Yes?"

"What do you say?" He asked I bit my lip looking at him.

"Could I think about it?"

"If that's what you need.." he said and I subconsciously moved my face closer to his. Our lips were now almost touching.

"I- uh, I do.." I said. "Need time that is.."

"You can have all the time you like.. I don't want to rush you.." he said his face moving towards mine once again.

"I.." I started but my brain was starting to malfunction being so close to him. "I need to take a shower.." I said and walked past him out of the room.

"Do you know where the towels are?" He asked starting to follow me but I needed to be away from him. Not that I didn't want to be near him, but I could think straight when I was with him.

"I can manage thank you." I said entering the bathroom shutting it after me and locking it.

I stood at the bathroom door for a few minutes, starring off. My brain trying to process everything.

That's when it really hit me. That Steven had left me. Right there in that moment as I thought about everything, a couple of tears fell down my face.

Then I sat on the bathroom floor and started to silently sob. All these memories of Steven and I flashing through my head.

My life had changed so drastically in such a short amount of time. And honestly I didn't know if I could handle it.

————————————————————
Word count: 1058

Hello everyone! Hope you liked that chapter. Thank you for reading and I hope you have a lovely day/evening!

~ Eliiizzaaa