Chapter Sixteen ~ Forgiveness, Can You Imagine?

*Pippas POV*

I walked up the stairs in me and Lins building heading up to his apartment. He had to go to a meeting of some sort so he gave me his key so I could hang out as his place till he gets back.

As I beaded his door I heard faint sobbing noises. My eyebrows furrowed as I noticed they seemed to be coming from Lins apartment.

"What the-?" I mumbled to myself as I turned the key in the lock.

I walked in slowly, they sobs were most definitely coming from in here. But who the heck was sobbing in Lins apartment.

"Hello?!" I called as I entered the living room and that's when I saw where the sounds were coming from.

Vanessa was sitting on Lins couch sobbing, quiet intensely too. I couldn't help but feel bad, and extremely confused at the same time. She looked up at me, looking a bit fazed but didn't say anything.

"Vanessa...? What are you doing here?" I asked staring at her.

"I have a key, I never got rid of it." She told me tears still falling down her face.

"But um why are you here?" I asked sitting a spot away from her in the couch not wanting to overwhelm her.

"I-I don't know... I was driving and I just.. I was here and I didn't know where else to go..."

"Why are you crying..?" I asked softly.

"I screwed up..." she whispered a new flood of tears being released.

I couldn't just let her cry so I scoured closer to her. Then I gently placed my hand on her back, rubbing soft circles.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked trying not to sound pushy.

"You know what I mean.... I left Lin, probably the best thing that's happened to me..."

"Hey you'll have plenty of life left to have great things to happen to you." She told her. "And have a feeling soon the best thing to happen to you will be the baby that's cooking in you right now."

Vanessa nodded and did the unexpectedly hugged me extremely tight. I was extremely surprised by it but slowly began to hug her back.

"I can see why he likes you." Vanessa whispered which surprise me even more.

"Well, umm, what?" I asked sounding obviously surprised.

"You're sweet, way too sweet." She told me. "I can't understand why you are being nice to me after what I've said and done... I don't deserve it."

"Everyone deserves kindness," I tell her. Though I didn't exactly like Vanessa I couldn't exactly leave her crying.

"I'm sorry..." she whispered and I was taken aback, I certainly didn't expect her to ever say something like that to me, ever.

"Uh, umm." I said awkwardly not sure how to respond. "Vanessa I can't really forgive you." She didn't say anything in response so I took that as I needed to continue.

"You tried to break me and Lin up." I told her. "And you called me a whore and implied some pretty extreme things."

"I know and I-" she started but I had a feeling she was going to defend what she'd said to me, so I cut her off.

"Look Vanessa, I get that we need to get along for Lins sake and the baby's as well." I told her. "But I still can't get over what you said to me... we do need to call truce though, if this going to work we can't be at each other's throats."

"Right..." was all Vanessa said in response.

"So... do we have a deal, a truce? For Lin and the baby's sake."

"Yeah, yeah a truce is a good thing." She said with a nod then held out her hand for me to shake.

"Good." I smiled softly and shook her hand.

"I should um, I should go." Vanessa said standing up.

"Right, yeah... I'll uh see you at the ultrasound." I said as she started walking away.

"Yeah... I'll be the one with a probe up my vagina." She said with slight disdain.

"It'll Be Fine, I've read it shouldn't hurt." I told her in attempt to be comforting.

"I know... I'm still nervous." She said and I nodded.

"That's understandable." I told her, to which she smiled halfheartedly.

"Okay, Bye Phillipa." She said and with that she made her way out of Lins apartment.

I was personally still a bit shocked, still not being able to fully process the fact she tried to apologise to me.  I mean after all she did and then said, Its was just weird, really really weird.

I shook my head a bit sighing, and I decided I would take a shower. I go to Lins room and grab a pair of pyjamas I've left at his place.

Then I go to the bathroom, set my pyjamas then went to the shower turning on the water. Once the water was hot I stripped and got into the shower.

I got into the shower sighing as the warm water ran down my body. As I began to wash my hair I could seem to shake the weird feeling I had about Vanessa. But the more I thought about the more stupid and paranoid I felt.

The feeling however wouldn't go away, the whole situation just felt not right. I suppose I get why she came to Lins, she was married to him and they've known each other for awhile, so I guess it makes sense.

Maybe I was just feeling jealous, though that just thought made me feel even worse. I didn't want to feel jealous, plus Lin has made it clear to me that I don't need to feel jealous, he loves me and that won't change.

I sigh turning the water heat up a bit trying to not think anymore as the water runs down my body.

————————————————————
Word Count: 958

This a lot shorter than I wanted but I couldn't think of another way of ending it, plus I wanted to get something out to you guys.

So thank you very, very much for being patient with me.

Hope you have a wonderful morning/afternoon/evening!

~ Eliiizzaaa