Chap 16

Kenneth POV

1 week later

It was a regular day. Teaching classes, hanging out, home with my family, it was great. But over the week I noticed De'Arra has been out a lot lately. Coming home after 11 and not doing her school work. I know she's with Michael and all but she can't be slacking off.

Right now I'm with Kenelle helping her trace her ABC's. She's a really smart girl. Danielle is out with Hayes, Jaley, and Karena. So I'm here with the girls. The guys are supposed to be coming over tonight to watch the basketball game.

As I help Elle with the letter H, De'Arra rushes down the stairs ready to leave.

"De'Arra!" I say loudly. I hear a groan then she walks her way over to me.

"Where do you think your going?" I ask without looking at her

"Out. Duh" she says. And in the corner of my eye I see her roll her eyes.

"Out where?" I ask and turn to her. My eyes widen as I take a good look at her. Black hoodie with ripped jeans showing her bare legs, full face of my makeup and she cut 2 lines in her eyebrows. Oh noooo.

"Now let me ask again. Where do you think your going. Dressing like that?" I say and she crosses her arms

"I'm gonna hang out with Michael and some other friends. Now will you excuse me, I'm gonna be late" She then brushes me and walks out the door. I laugh a little and shake my head. I then turn around. I walk to the door and pull her back inside.

"Your not going anywhere little girl. Go to your room" I say and cross my arms. She mocks me and smirks

"You can't tell me what to do anymore. I'm not a little girl" she says

"Go to your room. Now!" I say and point up the stairs. She looks at my hand and laughs. She walks up the stairs and I hear her door close.

Who in the hell does she think she is?! She better find her place because I'm not the one to joke around with. Even though I love Arra with all my heart, I'm still the parent.

As time goes by and Kenelle finishes up her tracing, I notice something. It's awfully quiet upstairs. As I get up and head to De'Arras room, I knock on her door. It's quiet. I open the door and I sigh. She snuck out. Her window wide open and a rope hanging down. I close the window and storm to my room. I grab my phone and dial Danielle's number

Danielle: May I help you? I don't have time to argue with her.

Kenneth: Danielle, find your daughter before I do. Cause it's not gonna be good when I do.

Danielle:Ok woah, what's going on?

Kenneth:Your daughter snuck out after I strictly told her not to go anywhere. You should've seen what she was wearing.

Danielle:ok calm down. I'll call Ryanne and Erin to see if they know where she is. You call the guys and look for her. And Bring Kenelle over to my moms

Kenneth:Ok I'll call you when I know anything.

Danielle:Ok.

I swear when I get my hands on her, it's gonna be the biggest punishment yet. She going back to her old ways. And I'm not here for it.

I get Kenelle dressed and put her in her car seat. I get in the car and drive over to Danielle's mom house. I get out the car grabbing Kenelle with me and knock on her door. She opens it and smiles at us.