“Yo-chan,” Kanan called another time, noticing that the girl had slowed down in her movements again. “That’s the fifth time you’ve slowed down. Please follow the rhythm.”

Wiping her perspiration with a lethargic hand, she nodded and answered, “Got it.”

Honestly, she just wanted to dash out and check on Riko and find out if she was okay.

“Mou, Yo-chan,” Chika giggled and chugged some water down, holding a mikan slice in her other hand. “What’s with you today?”

“N—Nothing,” she replied quickly, hoping that her blush was not too obvious.

“Let us call it a day,” Dia announced, giving Yo the cue to start stuffing her things haphazardly into her bag.

“Bye, everyone!” She screamed out and dashed down the stairs, leaving the rest of her friends flabbergasted.

Sure, Yo usually had a lot of energy, but no one knew what she was so anxious about.

Well, all except one.

And she smiled, her mouth stuffed with mikan slices.

-----

RIKO’S HOUSE.

“Yo...chan?”

Riko rubbed her eyes slowly, her long dark red hair — that Yo simply adored — draped elegantly over her left shoulder.

Yo smiled nervously, still panting from the effort used to cycle to the house and feeling cold sweat run down her back slowly, “Yeah...it’s me.”

Luckily, Riko’s mother had let her in without hesitation.

She cleared her throat awkwardly and directed her gaze away from Riko’s slender frame, “May I...come in?”

“Of—Of course,” she replied hastily and moved away for her to enter. “Sorry, it is a bit messy.”

‘Messy’ was a bit of an exaggeration. Her bed was unmade but still managed to look neat at the same time; and this was one of the things that Yo loved the most about Riko.

“Well,” Riko spoke, looking a little dazed as she sat down on her bed. “You can sit anywhere you like.”

Gulping, Yo moved to sit beside Riko, feeling the bed sink downwards as she placed her weight on it — akin to the butterflies pulling on the walls of her stomach.

The both of them sat there for a while, allowing the awkward silence to fill the air, with neither of the girls willing to start a conversation.

Then, Riko lay back down on her bed and sank into her comfortable-looking pillows.

“Sorry, Yo-chan,” she breathed out slowly, her cheeks slightly red. “I feel really dizzy right now.”

Yo sputtered, “Tha–That’s fine.”

She did not know if she was supposed to feel this way: warm and fuzzy on the inside as she watched Riko nuzzle into the pillows, willfully wishing that it could be her that she was snuggling with.

Looking around, Yo drank in her surroundings, the only thing standing out the most being Riko’s gentle scent that lingered and hovered around the room, covering her in a blanket of comfort.

It felt soothing.

When she turned back to check on her sick friend, soft snores filled her senses, signalling that Riko was asleep.

Her pink lips complimented her perfectly angular face, urging Yo to just kiss them, like she had wished many times before.

But instead, she got up and felt a small part of her break as she was reminded that she could not ever love her as much as she would have loved to.

It was tough, but she knew that she would have to deal with it eventually.

Smiling sadly down on Riko’s peaceful demeanour, she leaned over and  tucked a stray strand of hair behind the sleeping girl’s ear.

She whispered, “I love you, Riko-chan.”

Making sure to have Prelude (the stuffed dog) in her love’s arms, she pulled the covers over her and placed a gentle kiss on her forehead.

“Sweet dreams,” she said, placing another stuffed dog — coloured orange — on Riko’s dressing table that had a get-well-soon card tucked in between its paws.

Oh, sweet, sweet dreams.

The sweetest dreams of having you by my side.

-----

→ I’m sorry that I took so long to do this :( my common tests are coming so I have to cut down on updates

I’m sorry that I took so long to do this :( my common tests are coming so I have to cut down on updates.
→ Man, my birthday is in three months, and I feel so old now ;-;
This will be a separate fanfiction published once I finish the “Eliminate” duology next year or so :))
→ I guess that’s good news for NozoEliSHIPPER333 ;)
Thank you all for reading as always and take care! 💕

[joyfulweirdo]

•30.1.2018•

Next: (hopefully) aggressive! Kanan × shy!bottom!female!Reader