Kanan × shy!dancer!Reader

Dedicated to and requested by JakeIlagan7

Thank you for requesting again :)

QOTD:

What is your favourite Love Live! sub-unit and/or group?

For me, probably Guilty Kiss and the Soldier Game Trio :))

They have the most mature and cool voices in both groups 😎

|The Dancer’s Contrition|

You loved dancing. The way that your emotions and feelings were expressed through delicate and precise movements, and the way that everything just felt so surreal as the music went on.

How could you have let her leave, when she loved something as much as you did?

It ate at your heart, knowing that she had left you without waiting to have that last, first dance.

“Come on, it won’t hurt,” She coaxed, holding a gentle hand out to you.

You glanced around at the people crowding around the tables dressed in fancy dresses and suits, afraid that they would judge you.

It seems selfish, doesn’t it?

To make it seem as if it was her fault, but, it was in fact, because of your extreme cowardice that you could never bring her to the dance floor.

“Bu-But people are watching.” You stuttered, shuffling away from the beautiful girl beside you.

“It’s okay,” Her purple eyes shimmered under the dim light, “Try to imagine that it’s just you and me, lighting up the night sky.”

You shook your head, moving away from the crowds of dancing couples, red covering your cheeks extensively.

“I’m-I’m sorry, Kanan,” Looking up into her slightly disappointed orbs, you mumbled,

“I...I just can’t.”

-----

You stood stiffly beside Mari, who was staring into space, her yellow eyes drenched in tears.

“Mari.” You whispered.

Startled, she turned, “(Y/N)-cchi.”

“Thank you for coming,” You rested a comforting hand on her shoulder before looking forward solemnly.

“Of course I would,” She sniffled, accepting your consolations. “Kanan was my best friend, after all.”

You smiled bitterly,

“She’d be glad.”

-----

The creaking of the wooden chair against the floor as you stood up made you wince slightly due to the sudden noise.