Fifty Six

Patrick

The wedding was amazing. About a hundred of our closest friends and family was there to watch us get married. The service was short, the priest said a few word and read from the Bible. We repeat after him and slip the rings on each other's fingers. Finally I was able to lift her vail and kissed my bride.

And immediately after that we take our large parties and take pictures. We get a few good ones but I can assure you most of them was us all just laughing, that's kinda how this relationship goes.

Finally we get to the good part, which was the wedding reception. By the time we get there the party was under way. The DJ has almost everyone dancing, just as it should be. Emerson and I made our way around and thank everyone for coming and for the wedding gifts. I have no idea how we were getting all of this shit home. I think the jet is going to have to make a trip back home without us before the honeymoon.

After a while we decide it was time to do the gender reveal. We were both kind of getting impatient and wanted to know and so did everyone else. So we clear the dance floor and lower the piñata to a height I preferred to shoot at. I take the puck on my stick and stick handle a little to tease the crowd, they don't call me show time for nothing. Finally I pull the puck back and fire it at the fake stanley cup. It explodes and blue confetti comes falling down to the floor. The crowd roars as I turn to my wife who had her hands over her mouth and a smile big enough to be seen through her hands.

"We're having a boy" she yells. I wrap my arms around her and spin her around before setting her back to her feet.

"We're having a boy" I whisper into her ear as we stay in each other's arms.

"This is awesome" she admits.

Once we get that cleaned up people start to eat. It was buffet simply because we didn't want to make 200 meals and no one like it. So people grab the food they want and sit down to eat. I walk around and end up talking to Emerson's Dad for a while.

"I just wanted to thank you for taking care of my little girl. I know she can be a handful" he starts.

"There isn't a thing in this world I love more than your daughter. She takes care of me more times than not, she can definitely hold her own" I admit.

"Always could. She stopped needing me before she was out of middle school" he jokes.

"If it makes you feel any better she prays for you and your wife every night. She's usually doesn't pray out loud but she does occasionally. She doesn't ask for much when she prays, she just asks for you and her mom to be happy" I tell him.

"Thanks. I think god is answering her prayers. Walking her down that isle and handing her off to you today, it was one of the happiest moments of my life" he claims.

After we talk for a little longer it was time to cut the cake. We had the Stanley cup on the head table and decided to eat the wedding cake out of it since she can't drink alcohol. So we put a slice of cake in there and at first fed each other. Then it got a little messy when my hand slipped and some cake got on her nose. But we put a stop to that quickly because I wasn't paying for a damage repair to the cup because we had a food fight in the middle of our wedding.

After a while we hit the dance floor. Everyone was having a good time and it was still weird to look one way and see Robert Downey junior in his iron man costume, as promised, and then turn around and see Duncan Kieth shirtless dancing like a idiot. Never would I have thought this would be my wedding, but I wouldn't want it any other way.

I pull Emerson out for a dance and request a special song. It was going to be our song for our first dance but we went a little more traditional for that. But this song works a lot better if you ask me.

"Let me know that I've done wrong
When I've known this all along
I go around a time or two
Just to waste my time with you

Tell me all that you've thrown away
Find out games you don't wanna play
You are the only one that needs to know

I'll keep you my dirty little secret
(Dirty little secret)
Don't tell anyone, or you'll be just another regret
(Just another regret, hope that you can keep it)
My dirty little secret."

"Do you think people are going to figure it out" she asks as we dance around on the dance floor.

"I don't know. Maybe we can turn it into a movie" I joke.

"I actually really like that. We can call it Dirty Little Secret and it can actually be based off of our story" she suggests.

"That would be pretty crazy" I admit.

"It was pretty crazy, how this all happened. But I honestly wouldn't change a single day" she insists.

"I wouldn't either" I smile.

"Who has to know
When we live such fragile lives?
It's the best way we survive
I go around a time or two
Just to waste my time with you

Tell me all that you've thrown away
Find out games you don't wanna play
You are the only one that needs to know

I'll keep you my dirty little secret
(Dirty little secret)
Don't tell anyone, or you'll be just another regret
(Just another regret, hope that you can keep it)
My dirty little secret."

"So Patrick. You have four rings now" Emerson smirks and I laugh.

"Yup. And only one of them I will be wearing in public" I assure her.

"I hope it's your wedding band" she jokes.

"Actually it's the 2013 ring. That one is red" I smirk and she playfully hits my chest. "I'm kidding. Of course it's the wedding band" I assure her.

"Did you see the inside" she asks and I shake my head. I pull the ring off and look. Inside it said "hockey and Hollywood forever". I smile down at her as she waits for a reaction.

"Baby, that is so sweet. Thank you" I say before placing a kiss on her lips. She softly cups my face and I find myself thanking god for putting me here.

"Who has to know
The way she feels inside (inside)?
Those thoughts I can't deny (deny)
These sleeping thoughts won't lie (won't lie)
And all I've tried to hide
It's eating me apart
Trace this life out

I'll keep you my dirty little secret
(Dirty little secret)
Don't tell anyone, or you'll be just another regret
(Just another regret)

I'll keep you my dirty little secret
(Dirty little secret)
Don't tell anyone, or you'll be just another regret
(Just another regret, hope that you can keep it)
My dirty little secret

Dirty little secret
Dirty little secret

Who has to know?
Who has to know."