Twenty One

Emerson

By late December the movie wrapped up. It took a little longer than expected but we wanted to make sure everything was perfect. This was the first movie of this kind and we wanted to set the bar high. There was a lot of special effects and other things to be added that I didn't need to be here for so I was released a little before the production crew. I honestly couldn't wait until the movie premiere to see how it turned out.

So I pack my bags, although it wasn't enough room, and get ready to head home for a while. I hadn't auditioned for any movies and the next movie I was lined up to be in wasn't until the end of next year. Besides a few modeling things here and there I was finally free. I had more than enough money saved up that I could retire at this point but this wasn't the end for me. In fact it was just the beginning.

After a long flight from LA to Chicago I arrive early in the morning. For the first time in a long time I didn't feel tired, I felt revitalized and ready for the world.

After signing some autographs and taking pictures with fans at the airport I drive a little outside the city. I walk up to a nice sized two story brick house. It had four bedrooms including two masters, three and a half bathrooms, two family rooms, a office, a huge ass kitchen, and a backyard big enough for princesses ego. It was a little too big for me but I plan on having people over a lot. It's not like I spend my money like crazy, I've driven the same car for like six years now. It was just nice to have something cool to call my home.

I've been moving some stuff in since I was working on the movie

I've been moving some stuff in since I was working on the movie. I secretly had friends I trust move my things from my apartment to here. It was already furnished so luckily I didn't have to worry about that.

I walk into my home and smile big. This was the beginning of another chapter of my life. One that's less stressful and more personal.

I unpack what I brought with me from Cali and get settled in. I decide to go Christmas shopping and get a big seven foot tree and decorate it. Christmas music plays through the surround sound as I hang up decorations.

My phone goes off as I start to hang up Christmas lights so I step down from the ladder.

I go to my phone to see it was Patrick.

"You've been back in town for like five hours and didn't even bother to tell me" he shuns.

"You had practice this morning" I defend.

"Okay. But my practice ended two and a half hours ago and you haven't even given me a chance to show you how excited I am that you're back..." he trails off.

"Are you waiting for me to invite you over" I ask.

"If I made it any more obvious that I want to see you I would have shown up at your door" he claims.

"You are at my door... aren't you" I ask.

"You know you should really have a security system around this place. You're kinda famous" he reminds me.

"Princess is my guard dog" I joke going to the door.

"Yes, If a squirrel tries to attack you then you are more than protected" he jokes.

I open the door and there he stood with his phone up to his ear. He tucks it away before I jump into his arms and he catches me. He stumbles a little until he finds his footing. My arms were wrapped around his neck tightly and he held me close.

"I've missed you so much" I say trying not to cry.

"I've missed you too" he replies.

I hop off and invite him because it was Chicago in the winter after all. It was cold outside, but it was warm in the house so that's where we will reside.

"Do you want a tour" I ask.

"Hell yeah, this place is nice as hell" he admits.

"Thanks" I smile.

I show him around and eventually Princess finds her best friend. She trails us around as we finish up the tour.

"So that's basically it. It's pretty simple right now, but since I'll be around more often I'm sure I'll fill it up" I shrug.

"What do you mean you'll be around more often" he asks.

"Right... I haven't told you" I remember.

"Told me what" he asks.

"I'm taking a break from the acting and producing and modeling. I bought this house so I had a home" I explain.

"You're not doing this because of me, right" he asks.

"I kind of am" I admit.

"I didn't want you to stop making movies" he defends.

"I'm tired Patrick, tired of trying to make everyone happy. They can live without me for a year or two" I insist.

"So now what" he asks and it falls silent.

"Well I need to finish up putting up my Christmas lights, you kind of interrupted me" I joke.

"Emmy" he whines and I laugh.

"I know. What do you want to do" I ask.

"You know what I want" he claims.

"I do. But I want to hear it" I smirk.

"Emerson Rae Knight, the light of my light, my smile in my darkest days, will you do me the honor of being my girlfriend" he asks grabbing my hips and pulling me close.

"Hmmm... I don't know" I joke and he laughs. He grabs my face and pulls me into a deep kiss. My fingers get tangled in his hair as he pulls me closer.

"Is that a yes" he whispers.

"Yeah Pat, it is" I smile. He quickly presses his lips to mine again and I couldn't help but smile.

"You want help putting up the rest of these lights" he asks.

"Hell yeah" I laugh.

We spend the rest of the night listening to music and drinking hot chocolate and decorating the house. We talk about plans for Christmas and beyond. I feel his eyes on me the whole night and I finally ask.

"Why do you keep staring at me" I question.

"I don't know what you're taking about" he claims.

"Yes you do. I can practically feel your eyes on me" I laugh.

"I guess I'm just really happy. I haven't seen you in a while and now you're here and you're mine. I can kiss you when I want to and call you baby. My family has been asking about you like crazy and I can't wait for Christmas for everyone to be together. I don't know, I've always wondered what it was like to actually be with you as I'm making sure I don't miss a second of it" he shrugs.

"You're such a softie" I tease.

"Yeah but you can't tell anyone" he laughs.

"I'll keep it my dirty little secret" I wink.