Fourteen

Emerson

Unfortunately fashion week in Paris ended and it was back to sweet home Chicago. Patrick had preseason games and I️ needed a nap.

After a while I️ get settled back in and kind of enjoy this relaxed type of atmosphere. I️ do some social media things and upload some pictures. There was a lot of good ones from Paris and it is great to look back at them remembering a good time.

Early one day I️ get a call from my manager and pick up the phone.

"Guess whaaaat" he sing songs.

"I️ suck at this game" I️ pout.

"Fine. I'll make it easy for you. You know how you auditioned to be maleficent in the Disney remake new point of view movie" he asks.

"Yup" I️ nod.

"Well you got the part" he says and I️ gasp.

"No fucking way" I️ squeal.

"Yes way" he replies.

"That is so awesome" I️ admit. I really wanted that part.

"You fly out to LA at the beginning of next month to start read aloud and recording then it should wrap up by Christmas" he explains.

"Oh wow, this is going to be so much fun. I've never been a villain before" I️ smile.

"You know that since you're the main role they're not going to ask you produce" he reminds me.

"Yeah, I'll be fine" I️ nod.

"Awesome. Second item of business, are you and Patrick still doing that thing" he asks.

"You mean fake dating" I️ ask.

"Yeah that" he says.

"I️ don't know. It kinda feels like we're actually together" I️ admit.

"It's been, what, three months now" he asks.

"Three months next week, yeah. Why do you ask" I️ wonder.

"While you two being together is big news, you two breaking up would be even bigger news" he says and I️ stop breathing.

Now Michael has been my manager from the start. And usually I️ trust him with everything. He is extremely good at what he does and I️ trust him. But I️ wasn't so sure about this. Maybe because I️ have real feelings for Patrick or because he's a great person and I️ don't want to stop talking to him. I️ don't know, but this idea I'm not on board with.

"I️ don't think I️ can do that" I️ admit.

"What? Why not" he asks.

"Because Patrick is someone I️ care about. I️ don't want to hurt him" I️ defend.

"How could you hurt him if you're not actually in a relationship" he asks.

"I️ don't know" I️ shrug.

"How long were you planning on keeping this up..." he wonders.

"Until we got tired of each other" I️ try.

"I️ still think you guys should call it quits. The further you get in the harder it is to get out" he says and I️ sigh. He has a point.

"I'll talk to him" I️ bargain.

"Fine. Let me know" he grunts before hanging up.

I️ let out a loud groan and fall onto my couch. What am I️ suppose to do?