Twenty Five

Emerson

After we got back from New York there was a few games before we left for the Olympics. They were in Sochi this year which is exciting. I've never been to Russia and the fact that I don't have to work when I'm there makes it that much better.

But right now I was back in LA to watch Patrick play and kinda to catch up with old friends. It was easy to see them since most of the reside in this area and catch up. The movie business is hard because it's nearly impossible to stay in contact with people, but that's important to me. The relationships I make mean the world to me and if I have a chance to see old friends again you can bet your ass I'm all over that.

After a refreshing lunch I head back to the hotel. I get into the room and see Patrick wasn't there where I left him. He technically had his own room with the team but he had been staying in my room.

I call him and he doesn't answer so I get a little worried. I go up to the room he was supposed to be in and he wasn't there earlier.

I go down to the lobby and find Jonny there at the front desk.

"I know it's hard to change everything around, but Sharpy really can't stay next to me. He plays music through the wall at late hours just to piss me off and I'm not in the mood today" he explains.

"Hey Jonny, is everything okay" I ask.

"Yeah, Sharpy somehow switched it so his room was next to mine and I'm trying to see if I can get my room switched again" he says.

"Well Patrick is staying in my room, you should see if he will switch with you. You just can't tell Sharpy" I suggest.

"Oh sweet, I didn't even think about that" he admits.

"Of course, glad I could help. And speaking of Patrick, have you seen him lately" I ask.

"Not since practice. He got pulled out and no one knows why. But I haven't seen him since then" he explains.

"Oh no, I hope everything is okay" I admit.

"Me too. When you find out let me know what's going on" he says and I nod.

I call him again and he doesn't answer. Finally I call his mom because she will know where he is. She always does.

"Hey sweetie, what's going on" she asks softly.

"Hey Donna. I was wondering if you know where Patrick is. He left durning practice and no one has seen him since" I explain.

"Oh boy..." she trails off

"Is everything okay" I ask.

"I'm afraid not. Patrick's Grandpa passed away this morning and my husband called to tell Patrick. I'm assuming he's not taking it too well" she says and my heart dropped.

"Oh my god, Donna I'm so sorry. Donald was a amazing man, I was so happy I was able to meet him. Is there anything I can do for you guys" I ask.

"Find my boy please. There's only two people in this work he will show emotions about, and that's you and his Grandpa. Since he's not home I can only imagine how hard he's taking it. Try and make him feel better" she suggests.

"Of course. Do you have any idea as to where he could be" I ask.

"A gym somewhere. He works out when he's upset" she claims.

"Okay, I'm gonna go find him. I'll call you later to see how you're doing" I insist.

"Thank you Emmy. You're seriously the best" she claims.