Thirty Five

Emerson

Finally I was able to get settled back into Chicago after running around the world. I was able to spend a few days with my parents and talk about the wedding some. There's not much to talk about because not much is planned but that's okay, we'll figure it out.

As for today, I was going to rest in the pool until I was a prune. Hockey was about to start back up and in a few months I fly to LA to shoot for Avengers. A lot of it was already done but we had a few more scenes to shoot or reshoot so I didn't need to be there the whole time which was nice. But I'll be there for a month so I was spending all the time I could with Patrick before things went crazy once again.

"I think we should get married next summer" Patrick says as we sit poolside. We watch princess jump into the pool once again trying to make the biggest splash her little body could.

"Really, you want to get married that soon" I ask. I know these Hollywood relationships move fast but he is the farthest thing from a actor.

"Yeah. And I think it should be in Hollywood" he explains.

"Patrick, that's on the other side of the country from your family" I remind him.

"But the theme of the wedding could be "Hockey and Hollywood". I mean it is about me and you, hockey and Hollywood, getting married in the big city. We can have little action clippers on each table and a interactive hockey things for the boys" he shrugs.

"Wow, you've really put some thought in this" I notice.

"A lot" he admits.

"Well I love it. What else do you got" I ask.

"It should be at the middle of the summer next year, sometime in July. It'll be indoor because you're not getting this boy to be out in the heat all day, no way. The colors are red and white, do I really need to explain that part? There's going to be a open bar and and a buffet and once again, do I really need to explain? All the groomsmen will be in red and black and the bridesmaids in red. Your mom and Dad are going to be so happy, hopefully we can give your mom something she could never forget. My sisters are going to give me shit all night but I don't care. As long as I'm married to you none of that shit matters because I am the luckiest guy in the whole world. I'm going to cry like three times throughout the night, but no time harder than when I first see you. I don't care what you're wearing or how your hair looks. It just doesn't matter. I'm going to be moments away from marrying the one person I once dreamed about being with and that is going to be enough to make my heart beat out of my chest" he insists.

"Wow... I didn't know you thought this through" I admit.

"It's all I have been thinking about lately. I don't want to think about you being away for a month or me having to play hockey again. I want something to look forward to once that's all over... and that's what I got" he shrugs.

"Well that is beautiful Patrick. Why don't we start planning" I ask.

"Sure" he agrees.

I pull out my laptop and set it on the table sitting deck side. Patrick and I set the date for July 22nd, 2015. We were going to have it at the Hollywood Roosevelt hotel so it can all be in one place.

We can have everyone stay at the hotel then have the wedding and reception all in one place

We can have everyone stay at the hotel then have the wedding and reception all in one place. That's the easiest wast to keep track of 100+ people. We called and asked for a date but they pretty much assured us that we were in. We rent like 40 rooms and although it was stressful to drop that much money Patrick just got a new contract and almost all my money is saved up. So once we drop money on the hotel and the wedding and reception we start to think about who all to invite. Nothing was set in stone but we wanted to get as much figured out now before we got too busy to do it.

"So who all do you want in your party" he asks me as we try to figure out how much space we needed.

"Well Natalie would be my maid of honor, she's been my best friend throughout everything and I would be lying to myself if I chose anyone else. I would like your sisters in there, I love them and they're some of my closer friends. I would say my hair stylist Sadie would be another one and my managers daughter Peyton since we've been through so much together. So that's six girls" I nod.

"Okay. I was going to have Jonny be my best man and Sharpy will kill me if he's not up there with me so he can mess with me personally. I would probably have some of my childhood friends Mike and Tyler up there too. Then I'll probably have Crow and Seab's" he nods.

"Okay, how many from your family do you think will come" I ask.

"All of them, so probably twenty but that includes my sisters" he explains.

"And how many of the guys from the team" I question.

"All of them and their families so over seventy" he adds up.

"Sweet. At least my family is small so I have about ten there. Plus some people I've worked with over the years and coworkers I think we got the list settled" I admit looking at what we got.

"Great. So we're almost kinda not really half way done" he says and I laugh.

"Well when you put it that way" I tease.

"I kinda like this. This is fun" he admits.

"Good, because you're stupid if you think I'm doing this all by myself" I warn

"What do we have left" he asks.

"We need to make and send out the save the dates. Once we get a estimate of the number of people we look for food and drinks to serve. We need to find decorations to fit the hockey meets Hollywood theme into the reception. Then we need to figure out if we want a band or a dj at the wedding and who is doing the ceremony. Finally we need to find a dress and suits" I list off.

"And I think we're done for today" he claims closing my laptop.

"Why? We were doing so good" I pout.

"Because I'm not spend the rest of my free time with my fiancé worrying about after we get busy. I want to sit down and relax and enjoy the rest of the summer" he claims.

"Okay. But one more thing about the wedding" I say sitting in his lap.

"Which is" he asks.

"I want the cup there" I smirk and he smiles at me.

"Let me see what I can do."