Eight

Patrick

"Do I need make up too" I pout as the people around me mess with my face and hair. I feel a poke and a pull every so often and I start to question if this was really worth it.

"Trust me... you need make up" Emerson jokes from behind me and I gasp.

"Sorry I'm not naturally beautiful like you" I defend.

"I was kidding, and I need make up too" she claims.

"You don't need it" I insist and she smiles at me through the mirror.

"Well aren't you the cutest" she asks.

"I like to think so" I tease and she rolls her eyes.

She goes off for wardrobe and gets ready for the photo shoot while they finish me up. I'm a athlete and wasn't really into all of this, but I liked watching Emmy do it. I always see the finished product but never how they got there. Seeing her get her hair done and how she makes everyone in here feel important, it was so cool. She called everyone by their first name and made sure they were happy to be here. I know it's not always like this, but I could get used to it.

After a while they give me a outfit to change into. A black nike hoodie and grey sweatpants. They pair it with some black bikes before I was finally done. I was happy we got to keep all the clothes we take pictures in because this was really comfortable. Not really useful for the summer but I'll find a excuse to wear it.

I go out and see Emmy on the white tarp in black leggings and a black and white windbreaker. Her hair up in a ponytail and minimum makeup on. Each time I see her she looks even more beautiful than the last and it makes me so weak.

I walk over and she smiles at me.

"Look at this model" she teases and I roll my eyes.

"Please don't make this harder than it needs to be" I beg.

"I got you" she claims.

They put us in couple poses and I try to keep my composure but she kept making me laugh. Even the photographer couldn't keep a strait face at some points. I was laughing so hard I was about to cry and the make up artist would not be happy with me. But my cheeks were burning and my stomach hurt as we sat on that tarp just laughing the day away.

"Is everything with you fun" I ask.

"I try to make it that way" she shrugs.

"Don't ever change" I suggest and she smiles at me. Damn that thing.

We change into our second outfit and this one was a little more for me. It was a pair of shorts and a fitted a t shirt like what I wear for hockey. I throw on a pair of slides and I really liked this one.

I go out and this time I wait for Emerson to get changed. They show me the pictures from the first shoot and I have to admit, they were really cute. We looked great together and it wasn't hard to see that. This was actually a really good idea on her managers part. People are gonna freak when they see these, and again, I get free clothes.

"Alrighty people, lets keep this show rolling" a voice calls out. I turn around and see Emmy waiting for me on the white tarp again. This time she was in a sports bra and Capri leggings. Her toned abs out for the world to see and her strong arms resting by her sexy hips. It's like she isn't even real.

I move my heavy feet to her and she grabs my shoulder. She starts to rub it as she gazes up into my eyes.

"Are you okay, you look like you've seen a ghost" she asks rubbing my arm up and down, her green eyes laced with concern.

"I'm fine" I say trying not show a change in my voice.  It cracks a little but I think I covered it up well. She nods but I can tell she doesn't believe me.

We take a bunch of pictures in those outfits before calling it a day. She throws on a shirt and we walk out of the building.

"Hey... do you want to come over? Maybe catch a game or watch a movie" I ask.

"Are you sure" she asks.

"Yeah" I shrug.

"Okay then. I would love to come over" she smiles.

I pick up a pizza then we head to my place. We chill on my couch and watch whatever is on the tv. I force her to watch a Sox game since she made me watch a cubs one and she didn't fight it too much. She was competitive as ever and honestly it was so sexy.

Halfway through the game and all the way through the box of pizza I feel a pair of eyes on me. I look over and see her basically studying me like I was a AP Bio pamphlet.

"What" I finally ask.

"Earlier, when you looked so... concerned. What happened" she asks.

"What would I be concerned about" I challenge.

"I don't know. That's what I'm trying to figure out" she claims.

"I don't know... you're just so real and amazing and almost perfect, but I know there's more to it" I shrug.

"I wouldn't say I'm real. I never went to high school or a real college. Never went to a frat party or senior prom. Not exactly the most real situation" she defends.

"I know how you feel. I traveled the country as a kid searching for the best hockey programs. I was shipped around like a circus animal trying to get better but sometimes I want to know what it's like to go to a high school football game or have a class with my best friend or something. I know what it's like to have a great home there waiting for you to return but it's so hard to go back to it" I say.

"Yeah. I sure do love this place, but life always seems to have different plans for me than to be here all the time. And that's okay, I've been to some really cool places, but none of them are better than home" she admits.

"I get it. You and I are a lot more alike than we realized. It's a hard path to the top huh" I ask.

"I guess so" she smirks. "You promise you're okay" she asks again. I've never had someone not on my team or in my family care so much about me. It felt... good.

"Yeah. I am now" I smile and she nods.

We turn our attention back to the game and we start to get into it. The Sox were playing the Royals and naturally Emerson was rooting for the team playing against the Sox.

"Yes" she screams as one of their guys hits a home run putting them up late in the game.

"You suck" I pout and she laughs.

"Awww are you mad" she coos.

"A little, yeah" I admit.

"I'm sorry, how can I make it better" she asks scooting into my lap. She wraps her arms around my neck and I look up at her.

"Wanna have sex" I offer and she raises her eyebrows.

"What was that" she asks.

"You know... wanna fuck" I shrug. Her surprised expression turns into a mischievous one. She drags her arms down my side before reaching the bottom of my shirt. She lifts it over my head and I smile up as her. She takes her shirt off leaving her in a nike sports bra and that kinda made me laugh.

She puts her lips on mine as her fingers get tangled in my hair. My hands run down her bare back making her arch it. Her skin comes into contact with mine and that was enough for me.

I stand up and she wraps her legs around me. I take us to the bedroom as she kisses my neck ever so softly. I lay her down and she smiles up at me. I drop my pants and she finishes undressing. I climb back on top of her and she looks straight into my eyes. I swear this girl drives me insane.