Seventeen

Emerson

It's a month into the movie and things are going really well. I loved Maleficent and I think people are really going to like this movie. It's not like you would imagine it to be, that's for sure. Once they added some special effects and stuff like that even I was impressed. I would have loved to produced this movie, I can tell it will be amazing.

Finally we get a week long break and my original plan was to go home to Chicago and chill and see Patrick, but he and the boys were on a road trip that would last two weeks. But it was Patrick's birthday today and I really wanted to surprise him. So before I go back to Chicago to see my family and my dog I fly out to Colorado, it's one of the perks of having a private jet. I land early in the morning and had to wait for the guys to get done with morning skate. Once they were done they load up on the bus and head back to the hotel.

I sneak in the hotel and manage to get myself a key to his room. The things people will do for a picture and a autograph. I would be worried about that security system really.

I decide to have a little fun and change into one of his jerseys and lay on his bed. I get comfortable in his bed and wait patiently for him to get up. I hear the door open and it was really hard for me to keep my excitement level down.

He walks in and stops when he sees someone was in his bed.

"Oh god. I told them I didn't want a stripper" he groans tossing his stuff to the side.

"Good thing my job is just a little bit less demeaning than being a stripper" I joke. His eyes get big as he gets closer to me. He recognized my voice but still wasn't sure it was really me.

"Emerson" he whispers.

"Yeah Patrick" I reply and he smiles big. He jumps on the bed and tackles me. I laugh as he rolls us over so I was straddling him.

"What the hell are you doing here" he asks beaming up at me. He softly touches my face and I smile big.

"I had a week off and was going to go home but I wanted to give you a birthday gift" I claim.

"Is my birthday gift you" he asks.

"It's me" I smirk.

"That's all I wanted" he smiles. "What are you wearing under this" he asks tugging at the bottom of my jersey.

"Nothing" I admit biting my lip.

He slowly starts to lift my shirt before tossing it to the side. I start to kiss his neck as he holds me tight.

"Emmy" he whispers.

"Yeah Patrick" I reply.

"I love you" he says holding my face so I had to look into his eyes. "So much."

"I love you too" I smile.

After that was all said and done and both of us let our heart rate return to normal we lay in bed tangled up in the sheets. His arm wrapped around me as he softly rubs his fingers through his hair. My hand rests on his chest as it rises and falls. Neither of us say anything because neither of really knew what was going on.

"What are we doing" he asks and my head falls.

"I don't know" I admit.

"How can something that means so much mean nothing at all" he questions.

"You know what they say. You find the right person at the wrong time" I try.

"Nothing about this feels wrong" he admits.