You're dizzying

Dear Katherine,

     On the first day of summer, I texted you good morning, and asked if you wanted to hang out. You said sure and we decided to meet at the ice cream place near our school.

     I remember that I had been very very very excited and was probably about fifteen minutes early. When you had arrived, your hair was flowing in gorgeous waves and you wore a yellow shirt and white shorts.

     “Sorry I’m late,” you had said.

     “Nah, I was just freakishly early.” You had laughed and we ordered our ice cream. We had talked about a lot of things that day, I remember.

     “I didn’t know you play basketball,” I told you.

     “Yeah, how’d you know that?”

     “Facebook.”

     “Stalker.”

     “Okay, fine. I’m not even going to deny it!” We both had laughed and you told me that your team was the state champion in girls’ basketball.

     “Woah, are you like an MVP or something?”

     You had nodded shyly. “Yeah, but it’s no big deal.”

     “NO BIG DEAL?! Girl, you’re the fricking MVP and you think it’s NO BIG DEAL?!” I had grabbed your shoulders and shook you and we laughed while almost everybody in the ice cream shop looked at us weirdly.

     “And you’re a triathlete, too?”

     “Yeah, me and my uncles and aunts are all triathletes—“

     “And you’re a singer?”

     “Mm-hmm, I wish to record an album someday.”

     “And you—“

     “Let’s stop talking about me for a second,” you had laughed.

     “But why? What else are we going to talk about?” Our ice cream had arrived then.

     “Uh, you.”

     “Me?”

     “Who else?”

     “I dunno, Logan?”

     You had stared at me blankly. “What?”

     “Nothing,” I said.

     You shook it off. “Okay, so do you play basketball?”

     “Yeah, but I’m not really good at it.”

     “Oh shut the front door, I don’t believe you.”

     The rest of the day had gone by almost perfectly and when I went home, my mom asked me what was up and I told her. I told her about you.

     She just smiled at me and ruffled my hair while my brother teased me because he just happened to overhear mom and I’s entire conversation.

     And that night, I had texted you “You make my world spin :) Good night” and you had replied “ha-ha. Very funny, Jonathan. Btw, I think I can make it to the party. G’night :)”

     And with that, I had felt like the happiest boy in the world.

     Forever yours,

     Jonathan