Sick Day

Amber's POV

When I wake up, I don't feel great at all. My head is pounding, my nose is stuffed, my face is hot, and my throat is scratchy.

"Ughh why do I have to be sick", I say laying down looking up at the ceiling. Christina and Camryn still aren't back yet and honestly I'm upset about that.

They've been gone forever and I know that they are not getting candles. I roll my eyes and get out of bed. Well I attempt.

I can barely walk and I feel myself having to throw up so I rush to the toilet and do so.

I wash my hands and lay back in the bed.

This day could not get any worse. I call Jack and tell him what's going on:

"Hey", he says and hearing his voice makes me smile.

"Hey", I say.

"Oh my gosh what's wrong. You sound awful", Jack says worried.

"Well thanks. It's nice to be told you sound awful", I say laughing.

"No I didn't mean it like that", Jack says.

I laugh. "It's okay I know I do. I'm very sick."

"Wow. What's wrong", Jack asks.

"I have the flu and I threw up", I say weakly.

"Okay bye", Jack says. He hangs up.

"What the-? Did he just?" I ask staring at my phone.

I groan and I just lay in the bed. In about thirty minutes I hear my front door open and footsteps.

Then in walks Jack with bags.

"Hey Amber", he says smiling.

"Oh my gosh! Hey", I say sitting up smiling.

"Jeez it's cold in here", he says walking in my room and kissing me on my cheek.

"It's hot in here", I say putting one leg out of the covers.

Then Jack opens the bag and pulls out some medicine and starts measuring.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"I'm here to take care of you. Duh", Jack says like it's obvious.

"But don't you have to work? And you could get sick. Also"- I'm cut off by the medicine being shoved to my lips and I sip it.

"Shhh. Amber, all I care about is you right now. I'm here to get you better". Jack says holding the cup.

When he takes the cup away I start coughing and he gives me some water.

"Thanks", I say hoarsely.

"Anything for you", he says holding my face and looking into my eyes.

Then he pulls out some pancakes from one of the bags. He opens the to-go plate and starts cutting the pancakes and drowning it in syrup. How I like it.

My stomach growls very loudly and my mouth starts to water. I remember how I didn't eat much yesterday and I start to crave food.

Jack laughs cutely. I laugh weakly and he starts to feed me. Yes feed me.

"Boyfriend Of the Year!"I scream while chewing on the delicious buttermilk pancakes.

Jack laughs and keeps feeding me. He also gives me orange juice to wash it down.

I smile. When I'm done he joins me in my bed and we watch TV. I squint at the TV and realize that I don't have my contacts or glasses on.

I reach for my glasses then put them on and Jack looks at me and smiles. "You look cute with your glasses on", he says.

I blush.

"Oh gosh I have school work due at three", I say.

"I'll get it". He says getting up and gets my computer and work.

"Thank you", I say as he hands me my stuff. I finish my work in an hour and I lay my head on Jack's shoulder as we watch Netflix.

I start sniffing up a storm and Jack gives me tissues. He then turns on a humidifier. I blow my nose and Jack and I just talk.

"Thank you so much for all of this", I say looking up at him.

"You're welcome", he says smiling.

I smile.

"You look even cuter when you're sick", he says.

I laugh weakly and sniff.

I then start to get really chilly even though I have two thick covers over me.

Jack then gets up and gets his hoodie and puts it on me.

"Looks like you have a fever", he says.

"Ughhh", I say.

He laughs then plays with my hands.

"I see you still have your ring on", he says looking at my ring.

I smile. "I love it", I say.

Jack then stays over for the whole day taking care of me. I tell him how upset I am that Christina and Camryn are lying to me saying they went to get candles.

"It's going to be okay", Jack says.

"I don't know. It seems as if they're blowing me off", I say sadly.

"That's not the case", he says.

I shrug.

My stomach then growls again and Jack gets up.

"Where are you going", I ask.

"To make you dinner", he says grabbing my hand and leading me downstairs.

In fifteen minutes Jack comes to the table with my favorite food. Chicken Alfredo. And he's also wearing a chef hat and an apron.

"Awww Noodles made some noodles", I say laughing and looking at the plate.

"Ha Ha" , he laughs sarcastically.

I have to admit, Jack can really cook. That surprises me.

"This was delicious", I say putting my fork down when we're done eating.

"Thank you", he says grabbing my plate.

"I'm surprised it was this good", I say.

"I feel personally attacked", Jack says dramatically and I laugh.

Then he gestures to his apron. It says: Kiss the Chef

I laugh and he sticks his cheek out and I kiss it.

"Thank you. That was my payment", he says grabbing my plate and I laugh really hard.

I start to feel a lot better and Jack and I watch TV on my couch. I sit up and Jack lays his head on me.

I am so happy that Jack has stayed with me all day to help me feel better. He had stuff to do but he chose me. And I love that. I love him.

"I love you", I say looking at him.

Jack immediately sits up. He just stares at me with his jaw dropped.

"Ummm", I say laughing.

"Oh sorry. I love you too", he says smiling.

I smile. And we embrace each other.

Later that night, Jack leaves. As I walk him outside to his car, we hug.

"Thank you for everything", I say.

"Anything for you", he says then we let go. He gets in his car then drives off.

I walk back into my house and I see that I got a text from Camryn saying that her and Christina are still looking for a special candle. I roll my eyes irritated and get in the shower.

Then I go to bed.

____________________________________

So cute! Hope you guys liked the chapter! I know I did. Byeee❤️