The Gift

Amber's POV

I wake up with a start in the morning with my phone ringing. I quickly sit up and rub my eyes. I grab my phone off the charger and it's missed FaceTime calls from Jack.

The time says 10:30 in the morning. I slide to call Jack back.

"Hey", I say smiling when his face pops up on the screen.

"Hi sunshine", he says smiling back at me which makes me smile even brighter.

"Sorry I was sleep", I say.

"It's fine. Can you and Christina come over soon?" Jack asks.

"Yeah sure. We'll be there by 11:45." I say checking the time which is now 10:33.

"Okay great. Bye", Jack says smiling.

"Bye", I say and I hang up.

Ugh he's so cute. I get up from bed and go to my guest room to wake Christina up.

"Hey we're going to the boys house. We have to be there by 11:45," I say knocking on the opened door.

"Jeez you start dating the boy and now you're the one that's saying when we're going", Christina says getting up from her bed teasing me.

"Ha ha" I laugh sarcastically and walk away to get ready.

I take a nice shower and get ready. I wear ripped blue jeans, a red spaghetti strap crop top, and Adidas.

I comb my still straight hair and put on my gold hoop earrings. I decide to just put on lipgloss today to give my face a break from all the makeup I wore last night.

I decide to take a mirror picture today in my full length mirror. I post it and grab my purse to go downstairs.

Christina is already down there—like always—and we leave.

"What do you want to eat", I ask Christina glancing at her then looking back on the road.

"I'm feeling Panera this morning", she says on her phone.

"Okay", I say pulling into a Panera parking lot. The drive thru is too long and we would be in the line forever. "Let's just go inside", I say parking.

When we walk in, fans come up to us asking for pictures. I love my fans but I just wanted my soup.

Luckily taking pictures with them was quick and we were able to get our food and go. We eat in the car.

Soon we pull into the boy's driveway and get out the car. Christina rings the doorbell and we start talking about how pancakes and waffles are different and Daniel opens the door.

"11:45," Daniel says looking at his phone smiling, "right on time. Come in." We smile and hug Daniel when we walk inside.

He leads us to the kitchen where everyone is and they are all talking at the table. When Jack sees me, he makes a beeline for me and we hug.

"Hey", he says in the middle of the hug.

"Hi", I say then we let go.

He kisses me on the cheek and wraps his arm around me. Now I could get used to this.

"Awwww it's official", Daniel says gushing over us.

Jack and I blush.

Christina and I greet the others and sit down to talk.

"So I was thinking we could go to the mall", Jack says.

We all agree. But Jonah looks down.

"What's wrong Jonah", Christina asks while hugging Corbyn.

"I just miss Camryn", he says smiling.

"Aw. Well I'm pretty sure she misses you too. She'll be off of work soon", I say consoling him.

Jonah nods. Then we all walk out to go to the mall.

I of course sit next to Jack and we video each other and hold hands on the bus.

When we get to the mall, we walk around before we go in any stores. Some fans follow us around the mall and we take pictures with them.

We go into this jewelry store and I see this beautiful diamond ring. It's nothing like I've ever seen before. It's princess cut and just the right karat size. I stare at it and call Christina over to look at it with me.

"It's gorgeous", I say, "I want it so bad."

We ooh and ahh over it. Then an associate comes over and talks to us about the ring. I think I am in love with the ring.

"How much for it", Jack asks the associate coming next to me wrapping his arm around me.

"$450" she replies smiling.

"Amber what's your ring size?" Jack asks me smiling.

"Uhh seven", I reply confused.

"Great. I'll take this ring please in a size seven", Jack says. The associate grabs the ring and nods to get it ready for me. Christina and I just stand there astonished.

"Your man", she whispers in my ear and smiles as she walks away.

I turn to Jack. "Um what?" I ask.

"You wanted it. You got it", Jack replies like he's not about to pay over 400 dollars on me.

"Jack you didn't have to do that. Like at all. I could've gotten it myself." I say.

"I know that", he replies smiling, "but why would I make the person I'm getting a gift for pay for it?"

"Jack"- I say then I get cut off by him.

"Amber", he says shaking his head and grabbing my hands, "the ring is for you. You're mine now. This is your promise ring from me. I promise to cherish you, and all this ring represents is you agreeing that I will cherish you."'

I am at a loss for words. "I"- I say but I can't. So I just hug him. Hug him close. Hug him tight.

"Thank you", I whisper.

"No problem", Jack says hugging me back.

We let go and then we go to the register. Jack pays for the ring and he grabs the box and opens it. He smiles and slides it on my middle finger on my left hand. "Perfect fit", he says.

I gape at it. "It's gorgeous." Then I kiss him on the cheek.

"Just like you", he says.

____________________________________

Aw crap so cute😍I am so happy that it's finally the weekend so now I can update more! Hope you guys liked this chapter! Byeee❤️