The Bigger Question

Jack's POV

When Christina and Camryn leave, it's just the boys and I. After the "double date" last night, Corbyn and I got home late. I tried to tell the other boys how it went but they wouldn't wake up.

So now I'm gonna tell them. "Guys," I say.

"Yeah?"

"I had an amazing time with Amber last night. She is so amazing ", I say.

"She didn't want me to pay for her", I say surprised.

"That's because she didn't know it was a "double date". If she did, she would not have put up a fight for you to pay", says Corbyn.

"All I know is, she's perfect and I want to ask her on an official date soon", I say, "plus she smells super good all of the time."

"Go for it", says Jonah, "I'm going to ask Camryn on a date soon because she is gorgeous",says Jonah.

We all go to our rooms to go to bed. When I get in my pajamas Jonah saying "go for it" replays in my mind. So I grab my phone and FaceTime Amber.

____________________________________

Amber's POV

When I get home from dance, I take a shower and put my pajamas on. Just a big t-shirt and some shorts. I go downstairs to get a ginger-ale and I see Camryn and Christina sitting on my couch.

"Oh hey", I say a little surprised and walking over there to join them.

"I am so happy", Christina says to Camryn and I while shaking our shoulders when I sit down.

"Why is that", I ask smiling and curious.

"Because both of my best friends are going to go out with my boyfriend's friends!"She exclaims.

Camryn and I roll our eyes playfully.

"Think about it. Triple dates", Christina continues, "so much fun."

When she says that my phone rings.

"It's a FaceTime call from Jack", I say holding up my phone a little nervous.

"Oh my gosh", says Christina.

"Speak of the boy", says Camryn.

I laugh and then answer. "Hello?" I say.

"Hey Amber",says Jack very cutely.

"Hi", I smile.

"Hi",he says smiling.

"Hey", I say still smiling.

"Okay you guys can say something other than hi now", says Camryn.

Jack and I laugh. His laugh is so cute.

"So what are you doing", Jack and I say at the same time. We laugh again.

"I'm just chilling", says Jack.

"Cool. I'm just chilling with Christina and Camryn", I say , "obviously". I smile.

Jack always makes me smile.

"Cool um are you free tomorrow from twelve to two?" He asks.

My heart skips a beat. Is he asking me on a date?

"Um yeah. I have class from ten to eleven but yeah I'm free", I say.

"He didn't ask all that", Camryn says. I roll my eyes.

"Good. So, carnival", He asks.

"Yeah sure", I agree.

"Great see you then", says Jack smiling.

"Jack?" I say.

"Yeah", he responds.

"Is this a date"I ask hopeful that he says yes.

"Yes it is", he smiles.

"Great", I smile , "see you tomorrow!"

"Bye Amber", he says.

I hang up.

"OH MY GOSHHHH!!!!" I scream.

"Whooooohooooooo", Camryn and Christina yell, joining me in my celebration. We turn on some music and dance.

I'm going on a date with Jack Avery!

____________________________________