He turned away from her, looking out the window, surprised at how much had changed since he got out of his house.

He hated how right she was.

...

"We're there."

As Tade struggled out of the car with the drivers help, he couldn't help but notice the stares of people from the corner of his eye.

"Put me back." He said.

"Tade_."

"They're staring. Put me back." He said again, this time with more anger.

"You can't stay indoors for the rest of your life." Mfon tried to reason with him.

"I can. At least in my house there are no judgmental stares." He argued.

"You're going in jare, whether you like it or not, and you're going to mingle, and make friends, and have fun. They're not judging you, they're just surprised. But you can show them the amazing, witty and easygoing person you are." She shot back and with that, she pushed his wheelchair towards the mansion.

"Who's party is this anyway?" He asked, relaxing into his chair in defeat.

"A friend from the army's friends mom is fifty today. So they're having the whole rich people party." She said.

"Well we have one problem."

"What?"

"The stairs."

...

Mfon had never been to the house before, so one important thing that she didn't know, was that to get to the front door, there was a fleet of golden stairs.

"Rich people." Mfon huffed.

"Maybe we can go home now." Tade said, trying to ignore the people looking at him as they walked up the stairs.

"Don't go anywhere. Let me get help." She said.

"Its not like I can just walk out of here." He replied sarcastically. "And what are they going to do anyway? Give me a piggyback ride?"

"Just be smiley for once!" She said as she walked up the stairs.

"I was smiley last night, 'cause I wasn't here!" He replied and watched her jog up the stairs expertly with her heels and then dissapear into the house.

"And now, I'm alone. As usual."

...

After waiting for almost an hour, Mfon finally returned with a steward and a glass of champagne to 'cool him down.'

"We have to go through the backdoor." Mfon said.

"Great. Being treated like the scum I am." He grumbled.

"Well it's either that or the piggyback ride." She snapped.

He shut up, noticing that she was losing her patience.

As they went towards the back door, he gulped down his glass of champagne and muttered, "Sorry. I'm such an insensitive jerk. And a mumu. And an ode. And totally undeserving of your amazing friendship and care and -"

"You're forgiven. Just have fun." She replied. "And let me redeem myself." She muttered under her breath.

Before he could think of what she meant by that, he was met with blinding lights and a grinning woman.

...

"Mfon!" The woman grinned, pulling Mfon into a tight hug.

"Hey Mariam." Mfon said with a tired sigh, returning the hug.