The First Year Anniversary

Chase snuggles close to me when morning came. "Thank you for the tickets. How did you know baseball was my favorite sport?"

       "Your sister showed me pictures of you as a little boy with jerseys on and hats turned around on your head." I giggled when I reminisced the memories.

       "Alright, baby." He claps his hands together and loud which made me alert. "It's game day!"

        "I'm glad you're excited at", and I looked at my phone screen when I woke it up, "at ten in the morning but the game isn't for another two hours."

        "You don't sleep in when it's game day. You got to hustle, so let's go, let's go, let's go." Sometimes, I hate mornings and his peppiness at this early time. He's already jumped in the shower and I'm still here deciding which sneakers I should wear. He has his jersey on, pants, sneakers, and while he fixes his hair, I can't even complete my assemble.

        "Babe."

        "Yeah."

      "Which sneakers should I wear with this outfit?" I lowered my hands down to show him the view of my outfit.

        "You have a degree in fashion and you can't decide which sneakers to wear?"

        "It's a very hard decision", I cried out.

        "Okay, okay. I think you should wear the black sneakers with the blue underneath. It's hot with your black jersey and your dark, navy jeans."

           "Thank you. Now that wasn't so hard, now was it?"

           "No, but come on, let's go." He slaps my ass as we left his place.

            "Someone is very eager." My voice was low so only I can hear it.

           We got to the stadium and the seats I chose are amazing. It's behind home plate, at the top of the clubhouse if you paid extra for those seats. We have our own fridge and dining area, beverages are always a plus since we can both drink a little and from the smile on his face, I can tell he enjoys this gift. "How did you pull this off?"

           "I just did", I couldn't find a real explanation for how I did it. I just did it.

        "This is the best belated birthday surprise I've ever had. Thank you, again, baby." He kisses me numerous times on my lips as I'm holding the liquor, trying not to spill it.

         "You're welcome. Watch the game, it's happening. Wait until I show you something on the jumbo screen."

          "Can't wait", he exhales.

         It's the sixth inning and hopefully this tie breaks soon otherwise we may be looking at an overtime. The opposing team asked for a time out but the announcer said everybody should pay attention to the jumbo screen. The first few  slides were ads, then, others had happy birthday wishes on there, includes Chase's.  And the announcer took over the microphone. "Ladies and gentlemen, we have fans here who are spending their anniversary with us today. Congratulations to the both of you's!" Some of the audience are clapping.

        "Lucky them", Chase's tone is jealous a bit.

      "Just wait", I tried to be patient with him.

       "And now for the kiss cam. Congratulations Chase and Ashley! Happy anniversary."

         "Is it really the first?"

          "Yes!"

        The camera points at us and Chase dips me in for a kiss. "Happy one year, my love."