Chapter Thirteen:Acquaintance and Intimacy

Start from the beginning

Upon hearing footsteps, Hanan's head shot up and her eyes widened in surprise when she saw him. Probably astonished to see him home early. He thought with a shrug. "Oh! Salam alaykum! How was work? Hope your day wasn't stressful?" She inquired and he rolled his eyes.

Why was she acting like all is well and nothing actually happened? "All good! And where is grandmother?" He asked when he noticed he couldn't sight her cos he knows if she'd been around she would have been all over the place.

"She went to see the doctor. And from there she's going to her Friends' place" for Pete's sake! Someone should tell that old woman she's getting old and stop going around visiting friends here and there. And he did warn her about the nosy friends she's keeping. He thought irritatedly.

"Okay!"

"Do you care for anything? Didn't know you'd be back early would have prepared something for you"

"Nah. I'm good. Don't bother making anything"

"How about coffee?" His temper now getting to him.

"I said I'm good!" He snapped and she gulped before nodding. He sighed and headed to his room. Why was she acting that way. For the past few days she hasn't seen him and hadn't bothered asking of him. Why the fake care all of a sudden, he thought irritatedly.

He groaned, why was he feeling somehow when he was the one that asked more like ordered her not to care for him. He was getting agitated by the moment. Why was he feeling bothered when she hasn't even bothered inquiring about his wellbeing. He couldn't get a hold of his thoughts.

Perhaps a cool, long and relaxing shower will do the trick!

~~~~~
However, things didn't seem to go well as he had anticipated. By the sprang of midnight, Faaiz awoke from a terrible nightmare and the throbbing headache. He lifted the glass jar to his mouth only to find it empty devoid of water. He was sweating profusely. He muttered something under his breath and he staggered downstairs to the kitchen.

As he descended the stairs he felt as if his head was being hammered continuously. He sat on the kitchen stool as he took the painkillers and sipped the water. He hasn't an ounce of sleep. But thank God at least the pills he used made him a lil bit relaxed and some minutes of sleep before the nightmare started.

He sighed, that was his major fears, the nightmare! He dreaded closing his eyes for some while as everything seemed fresh and raw. Just closing his eyes provides a vivid image of all that has happened and he didn't want history to repeat itself. He's Hypnophobic!

He heard footstep and his head sprung up. He hadn't switched on the light cos he knows where the thing he wanted is. He saw the silhouette of his wife and sighed. They haven't slept in the same room. He slept in his study, he has a small bedroom attached to it which only his grandma, himself and a maid knows about.

Through the corner of his eyes he could detect all what she's doing. She too, like him didn't bother switching on the light, she went straight to the coffee machine and brewed it. And as she waited, she fidgeted with her palms. Which as he'd observed, she does whenever she's nervous.

"Is anything wrong?" She whispered rhetorically cos she knew she's gonna get no answer.

She tried her luck but was proven wrong. "I'm having this terrible headache." And her eyes widened. She hasn't actually expected a response. She'd anticipated the cold shoulder as usual. Again!

"Have you taken anything? You see, you didn't even take anything. You could've -" she bit her tongue as she realized she's going too far. She looked up to see his expression but he revealed none. Poker faced.

"I've taken pain reliever already" and Hanan was on the verge of fainting. Is he actually having a civilised conversation with her. She sent a silent prayer of gratitude to her lord.

"But why are you still awake by this time?" She wondered.

"I can as well ask you the same"

"Oh! I couldn't sleep." She replied with a shrug.

"Me too."

"But if you sleep the pain will relieve you."

"Yeah. That's just it. That's if I will sleep. I can't" Hanan furrowed her eyebrow. She felt clueless.

"Why?"

He sighed and ran his tongue over his lips moistening it. The ray of moonlight penetrating through the window casted a warm glow on the young couple.
"I have insomnia. And I'm Hypnophobic." And she gasped.

That explains the dark circles under his eyes and his constant worn out state. Just then her heart went out for him. Having such an hectic day at work and at the end of the day wouldn't get an ounce of sleep. "I-" she felt loss for words.

"I survive on pills to get the little ones I get" he ran a hand through his hair. He checked his time and groaned in disdain. "Leaving already" Hanan perceived and amusement danced in his eyes.

"You Want me to stay?" She shrugged and looked away. He shook his head in amusement.

"Okay then. Gotta go" and he gave her a nod of acknowledgedment before leaving and Hanan hyperventilated.

She held the stool for support. Did they just have a decent conversation? And he actually opened up to her? Her legs wobbled and her head felt light headed cos its all too much to take in... Even the moon smiled and the birds chirped melodiously. The midnight breeze blew softly and gently attesting to the mood of the young lady.

And as she sat down and sipped her coffee she couldn't help but wish that he stays that way forever...

**************
Yuppie!! Now we have an insight of what's going on in our Faaiz's mind😉. And oh! The Fanan moment (yup.. Ship name for both of 'em. Came up with that!)
Faaiz actually opened up to Hanan.. Hmm who else smells progress in the relationship.

I hope it stays that way tho.😏😏
One word to describe faaiz's character in this chapter👌.
And oh oh! What's Aminah's motive?! 😒😤

Hypnophobia- is the fear of falling asleep. Associated with Anxiety or depression. Different sleep orders can trigger the phobia. The major cause being nightmare disorder. Sufferers dread the idea of going to bed cos they fear what they will experience once they fall asleep.

Overtime, people who suffer from chronic nightmare begin to fear what they will experience once they fall asleep..

You can learn more about it on google.. Never stop learning!

As usual, vote, comment & share 👍👍. Trust me it makes my day.😉😘😘.
Till next time!💕