chapter 1

a.n. I changed the story plot just a little bit

a year later

The faint pitter-patter of the rain faded into nothingness as the truck roared to life in the dark of the night, waiting for the soon-to-be passenger of the vehicle. A twenty year old appeared from behind the rusty door of the cabin, secluded from the rest of the world and heaved a big bag of clothes onto her shoulders before rushing through the rain and into the red car. A little bit of rain rested on the top of her head as she sighed heavily, her heart racing frantically in her chest as she quickly took a glance at the cabin. Fearing for her life.

"Are you ready Opal?" the driver of the truck looked at her with worried eyes, an old friend who watched over her for countless of years. Pain gripped at her throat, feeling panic and fear bubbling inside of her as she nodded shakily.

"Step on it," she told him and he nodded slowly before he revved the engine of the pick-up truck and sped off down the wet dirt road, leaving Opal to breathe in and out in relief.

Suddenly, she started to cry, knowing she had sold herself as a servant for the rest of her life, an omega to the Harrington Pack in order to protect herself from the cruel man that had taken her away from her home oh-so long ago. Thick, fat tears ran down her cheeks, her driver looking at her occasionally, feeling sorry for how things were turning out for her. But, it was in her best interest for her to leave as a little bundle of life was growing inside of her.

a year and a half later

She scrubbed the tiles of the pack house tirelessly, hands red from the little dirty scrub she used and her knees in pain from the amount of hours she had worked on the floor. Beads of sweat dripped from her forehead due to the heat of the weather. Her pack was situated closer to the warmer regions and unluckily for her, there wasn't air conditioning in the lower floor of the pack house. Her blonde hair was swept up in a messy pony tail and face was red and puffy.

'Remember, this place is better, it's far, far away from him,' Citrine told her repeatedly as she scrubbed the floors. It was true though, after being beaten, raped and tortured badly for almost three years, being an omega was much more pleasant. She was through with being a mere rogue and was offered refuge in the Harrington as an omega, she took it, knowing that the growing life inside of her was in need of a better place.

Gabrielle was born on January 5th in the Harrington Pack, two minutes before midnight and had the beautiful black hair and pale green eyes that matched her mother's. Being a year and a half old, she was a happy, chubby little baby who knew nothing else but the mother's love that Opal had bestowed upon her. Trent, the driver of the car, was her babysitter as Opal was often working. Brielle was Opal's fuel to keep on going to provide for her and couldn't thank the Alpha Jacob enough for giving her the opportunity.

Trent and Alpha Jacob was all the males in Gabrielle's knew pack that she ever had a strong relationship with, she was scarred for life as the previous man in her life had tortured her. Father left her to fend for herself and mother who died protecting her from a man. She promised herself she'd trust no man or wolf for the fear of being held captive once more held it against her. She was terrified of her past and scared for the future, knowing that her future mate may not be pleased with her and Gabrielle.

All males were over protective, and only wanted their mates to have their pups, Gabrielle wasn't her mates pup, so it meant that she wasn't pure, nor was she faithful. Opal had mentally prepared herself for when that time came, she told herself that no man would get between Gabrielle and her, not even her mate. In her heart, she believed her mate would reject her, or worse, beat her and take away the only happiness that came to her life.