Chapter 11 [Mission to rescue Gaara]

Third person POV

"Team Kakashi. I will be sending you on a S rank mission. Akira here is a skilled member of the anbu blackops and she will be helping you on this mission." Lady Tsunade announced.

Suddenly....

"Lady Tsunade! The sand had sent word saying that the Kazekage has been captured by the Akatsuki." A random ninja came in yelling the news.

"Tch. Damn that Akatsuki. Team Kakashi and Akira. I will send you on a mission to rescue the Kazekage. This mission is S rank or higher. Be careful, good luck." Lady Tsunade said.

"Yes ma'am." Team Kakashi and Akira said as they made their way to the gates and set off to the sand.

Akira POV

On our journey...

"Akira was it?" Kakashi asked.

"Yes." I replied.

"Mind telling us about yourself so we can cooperate better later during our battle against the Akatsuki." Kakashi said.

I better not expose my true identity. I guess I'll spill some and keep some to myself. In order to keep my identity hidden I'll have to watch what jutsu I use.

"You can call me Akira." I started as they all looked at me expecting more. Yes of course I was going to give them more. Not too much though. "I'm a genjutsu user." That was all I said.

Kakashi POV
It's unusual for a member of the anbu to join a random team on a mission. Normally they would have some secret mission on their on that they need to be on this mission to achieve. I've been anbu before so I know this, however the rest doesn't.

"You can call me Akira. I'm a genjutsu user." she said.

So she isn't going to spill her mission huh? Well that was to be expected from an anbu.

Soon it was nightfall.

"We should rest here for the night." I said.

"But... Gaara's in trouble and you're just going to sleep here?!" Naruto yelled.

"We're all exhausted. It'll be a long journey tomorrow, if we don't rest here it'll slow us down tomorrow and we'll only take longer to reach the sand." I said.

I saw Naruto finally settling down unwillingly but at least he did it.

I glanced over at Akira. She didn't seem even a little tired. She didn't seem to care about the commotion either. She just sat on top of the branch staring up at the stars. Everyone slept in their own sleeping bags except Akira. She was sleeping on the tree branch she sat at previously. Does she not have a sleeping bag? I guess I shouldn't bother her.

We woke up before sunrise and continued our journey to the sand. We rested that night as well and we reached the sand the next morning.

As we arrive, we heard news that Kankuro was poisoned and we went to see him at the hospital. As we entered the room, an old lady came at me with intent to actually kill me.

"CURSE YOU WHITE FANG OF THE LEAF. I WILL KILL YOU!" She yelled before evening held back by an old man.

"The white fang is dead remember? You read on the newspaper and you went berserk because you didn't get your revenge. This guy just looks like him but isn't him." The old man said.

"I'm not the white fang. I'm his son." I said. Why am I surprised, people often mistake me for my dad.

"What happened to Kankuro?" Sakura yelled across the room.