Chapter 6 [The truth]

Ayame POV

We were at home, Dad was sitting on the sofa, reading his book. There was complete silence.

"Dad... Back then while we were on the mission. Do you remember how I blocked Zabuza from attacking Tazuna before you did?" I said, breaking the silence.

"Oh yes. I was surprised how you could analyze the situation faster than I did." He replied, not looking up from his book.

"Well the truth is I didn't. I made eye contact with Zabuza and all of a sudden I just knew that he would attack Tazuna. It was as if I could read the future." I said, looking at my hands.

Silence fell once more. I thought dad would reply but he didn't neither did he look at me. He closed his book, leaning against the sofa. He used his hands to massage his forehead. He just all of a sudden looked really depressed.

"Dad? What's wrong?" I asked. I've never seen him depressed before. Something was definitely wrong.

"Ayame... Close your eyes." He said calmly.

I did as he said and closed my eyes.

"I'm only going to explain this once. Don't interrupt." I couldn't see his face but from his voice, I could tell he was dead serious.

"The truth is I am not my biological father. You could say I'm just your guardian. " He said, letting out a small sigh.

What? But I thought, for my whole life that he was my real dad. Although he never mentioned anything about mom but I thought he just didn't wanted to think about it so I never asked. But this? No way.

"Ayame Hatake. The Hatake wasn't supposed to be there, instead it was supposed to be Nakamura. You belonged to the Nakamura clan. The Nakamura clan is a clan that possess a visual jutsu just like the Uchiha clan.  The Uchiha clan possess the sharingan, the Nakamura clan posses a visual jutsu called the silver eye that allows you to see into the future and past. The silver eye also allows one to cast genjutsu. Knowing a person's past can help you in threatening the person or information gathering. Being able to foresee the future is helpful as well,  you will be able to know the opponents next move and you can easily dodge or avoid it. The Nakamura clan were as strong as the Uchiha clan if not stronger. However, one evening as I came back from my anbu mission I saw a baby and a letter placed in front of my doorstep.  The letter begged me to take care of the baby and raise her as my own. It also explains that you're a Nakamura. I reported to the hokage and the hokage told me that he was the one that told them to send her to my house. Why me? I never found out. The whole Nakamura clan was killed that night, you were the sole survivor."

My brain was overloaded with information. Only one thing was on my mind, I was grateful to my biological parents for saving me and leaving me at dad's place.

"Why didn't you tell me before?" It was the only question I could process out of my mind at the mean time.

"Well, firstly the hokage didn't wanted you to know too early. Secondly... You might not love me as much as you did before if I ever told you, you might even hate me, I was scared. I wanted you to stay by me. You changed the Kakashi that was once cold and kills without hesitation into a warm hearted loving Kakashi. But I guess you have to know sooner or later."

I could tell from his shivering voice, that he was still afraid that he was nervous.

"Oh dad. What were you thinking? Sure I feel sad that my biological parents are dead. But they saved my life and allowed me to meet a wonderful dad like you. I would never hate you just for that. I love you too much to even hate on you. But about this visual jutsu of mine. How am I supposed to learn how to control it? And I don't have one clue about how it works either." I didn't hear any replies but I felt a hug a big warm hug that was tight too. Dad didn't let go for like 10 minutes. I also heard sniffing. He wasn't crying was he?

Then he after he calmed down, he slowly explained the visual jutsu.
"Now open your eyes. Leave the the left open but leave the right one closed. Don't make eye contact though. As you know, the silver eye allows you to look into the future and the past, you can cast gentsu too, all you need to do is make eye contact. However once you awaken it, it cannot be deactivated. A jutsu is required to be performed on you to deactivate the silver eye, but we don't have that. So I am going to assist you in training to help you learn how to  control and use them. You will keep the jutsu activated on your left eye as you suppress the jutsu from activating on your right. Before enough learn how to suppress it don't make eye contact with your right eye. The hokage permitted us a 2 years leave for your training. We will be leaving shortly. Oh and it's best if you only use your visual jutsu when you really need it." He said all at once.

I was so shocked I couldn't close my mouth. After I got over it I went to pack my things and left with dad. I tilted my head-protector just like how dad does it but on my right eye so I prevent myself from making eye contact. This will take time to get use to. We left at midnight so everyone was sleeping. Who would have thought that this will be our last time in konoha for the next 2 years?

During our training, I trained to use the seversword since Zabuza gave it to me, it would be a waste to not use it. We traveled around a lot, rarely settling down in an area for long. We sometimes go on missions to earn ourselves some money. We mostly go on missions similar to anbu missions. Doing dirty work. We didn't have a choice those were the only mission that would earn us enough money to live.

"Ah if it isn't the silver pair, finally returning to Konoha. The hokage wants to see you two. " Sasuke said as we approached in front of the gates of konoha. It's been really long, Konoha.

I am known as the silver assassin now. But people call me and dad the silver pair. We were really strong when we fight as a pair. I don't know how our faces appeared on the bingo book but we didn't really care. Any person that dared to approach us to hunt us down will end up dying anyways.

It's been 2 years since I was back at konoha. I missed the large gates that welcomes you home after every mission. I missed my room, my house.
It feels good to be back at konoha.

I smirked at Sasuke and went on ahead to the hokage's office.

"Lord hokage you summoned?" I asked as dad handed over the report of our training over to him.

Yes, I said Lord hokage. I figured I should be polite with him since he was one of the reason I got to meet dad.

"Good job. I have gotten reports on your progress from Kakashi. Ayame you are now an official jounin of the leaf. Also I want you to be the proctor of the upcoming chunin exam." The third told me.

"Which part?" I asked.

"The whole thing. That's all you're dismissed." He replied.

The whole thing?! But chunin exams always have more than one proctor. This will be interesting.

"Okay." I said as me and dad took our leave.

As we were on our way home I saw Naruto and Sakura coming at me.

"Why were you away? Why didn't you tell us? Why was it so long? Why do you have Zabuza's sword on your back... " they both threw a lot of questions at me all at once.

I didn't bother answering any. I remembered how I didn't carry the sword around last time, so they obviously didn't know.

"The silver pair. Just what did you guys do to earn that name? How strong are you? And the sword?" Sasuke asked.

I smirked. "Stronger than you that's for sure. By the way, are you guys participating in the upcoming chunin exam?"

"Yes, and it won't be like the last time. We can pass for sure this time, believe it." Naruto said with a bug grin on his face.

Dad was reading the whole time.

"I'm not so sure about that." I laughed, taking my leave, Dad following closely behind me.

"Hey. What's up with your eye?" Sasuke shot at me.

"None of your business." I said before we walked off.

Back at my room I spent the whole night planning for the chunin exam.
I showed it to dad the next morning. He seemed rather worried.

"Ayame. Are you sure they're gonna be any passes?"

"Nope!" I replied as I left to report to the hokage about the chunin exam that was taking place tomorrow.