chapter 1

POV: 3rd person
It was night in Mobius. Everyone was asleep in their warm beds, except for a blue hedgehog who was running through a field. He was being chased by a dark creature. The terrified hedgehog kept running faster and faster while the other came closer and closer.

POV: Sonic
I stopped on a bridge to catch my breath. He only came closer and closer. There was nowhere to go. I didn't want to go back to him so I jumped off the bridge into the water below. I tried to stay with my head above the water but I failed. I sunk deeper into the water. I couldn't breathe. Soon, everything went black.

———

POV: Shadow
I was walking along the beach. I wore a red sweater to keep myself warm. The sunlight sparkled on the water. It was a beautiful sight. Something odd caught my eye. I walked over to it and found out that it was a Mobian. A hedgehog just like me. He had blue fur. I shook him to try to wake him up. When he opened his eyes and looked at me, he backed away.

"P-Please don't hurt me." He said.

He sounds so scared.

"Sshh it's okay. I won't hurt you." I said. He calmed down a bit but still kept some distance between us. "Who are you?" I asked.

"S-Sonic." He answered.

"I'm Shadow. You don't have to be scared. I just want to help you." I said and moved closer to him. He tensed up and when I came too close, he ran off. For a reason, I went after him but he outran me and I lost track of him. I sighed and went back home.

I hope he will be okay.

POV: Sonic
I kept running. I didn't feel safe around that hedgehog. He reminded me of him. I remembered the old house I lived in with my uncle. He was the only one I remembered from my 'previous' life. After a while of searching, I found the house and knocked on the door. Not much later, the door was opened by nonother than my uncle.

"Sonny Boy, is that really you?" He asked as he looked at me shocked.

"Yes Chuck... It really is me.." I answered.

"It's been so long." He said and hugged me tightly. I hugged back, enjoying the comfort. "Come in." He broke the hug and stepped aside. I walked in and looked around.

It's been so long since I have been here. I can't even remember how long.

"How have you been?" Uncle Chuck asked after we sat down in the living room.

"Horrible." I sighed. "I don't know if you know but I have been forced to stay with someone for a while now. He has beaten me, raped me, starved me, and many other things." I said. He looked at me shocked.

"How did you manage to escape?" He asked.

"Well, I asked if I was allowed to go outside. He said yes so I took the chance to climb over the border and ran away. He came after me but I got away from him." I replied.

"I see. Guess it isn't safe for you here then. He might come looking for you. I need to get you a place to stay, without me." He said. "Then you will finally have a chance to live a normal life."

"But where am I supposed to go?" I asked. Uncle Chuck sighed and shook his head.

"I don't know yet." He said. "For now, you stay here with me."

"Okay. By the way, do you have some clothes I can wear? After what happened I feel more comfortable when I have something to cover myself." I explained.

"Of course, I will see what I have for you." He said and got up.

"Thank you."

POV: Shadow
I was lying on my bed, just thinking. I couldn't get that hedgehog out of my mind. I couldn't stop wondering if he was okay. I sighed and shook my head, trying to get the thoughts away but it didn't work. I kept thinking about him. Something about him got my interest. Maybe it was his beautiful body, or his gorgeous eyes, or soft his voice. I hoped I would see him again. Then I could find out why I felt this way.