fourteen

Lauren had been out in the city for hours when she realized it was almost time to pick Logan up from school. She had been planing all day for the surprise she had for Camila tonight. She planned a nice dinner out at an expensive restaurant, then there was a drive in movie in the park which she thought her girlfriend would love, and then to end the night she planned to finally take that next step in their relationship.

Lauren always had been ready, she was just scared of overstepping boundries for Camila. She knew about the younger girl's past on the streets. She knew the horrid things that people did to her. It's not like Lauren hadn't thought about sex. She'd definitely thought about it, many times. She just didn't know how to go about the topic. She couldn't believe that Camila would think that Lauren didn't crave her in that way. She did. She would always tell the brown-eyed girl how gorgeous she looked but she never wanted to make anything weird by calling her sexy or using any other sexual inuendos.

Lauren thought about how the night might end up going and started to blush just thinking of the possible activities they could get into. She tried to clear her head of any dirty thought as she parked in her daughter's school parking lot.

"Mommy!" Logan ran as soon as she had seen her mother walk through the door. She acted as if she hadn't seen Lauren in years. "We made jewlery! I made a necklace for you and a bracelet for Mila!" The ecstatic girl then proceeded to tell her mother all about her day as they walked to the car. As soon as they got in the vehicle, Lauren put on the radio and Logan forgot about talking and started belting the lyrics to "How Far I'll Go" from Moana. The young girl had had an infatuation for the movie ever since she first saw it. Lauren couldn't blame her, though. It's an amazing movie.

When the two finally got home, they went upstairs and Lauren unlocked the door, hoping to be met by her girlfriend. Her hopes were let down, though.

The apartment was dead silent.

"Milaaaaaaa" The young child screamed throughout the home but got no reply.

Lauren started to walk around. "She's probably just asleep, Logan."

She walked into their bedroom but found no sight of the younger girl.

"Great." Lauren sighed as she knew the brown-eyed girl probably went out so that she didn't have to face Lauren when she got home.

Lauren walked back into the kitchen where her daughter was waiting for her afternoon snack. "Looks like it's just you and me for dinner tonight." She said with a sad sigh following.

The child looked at her mother confused. "Why? Where's Mila?" She questioned.

Not wanting to worry her daughter she had to make up a quick lie. "She's just out with some friends tonight. She'll be back by bedtime, don't worry, baby" She said then kissed her daughters head and proceeded to start making dinner.

——-

It had been hours since they got home. There was still no sign of Camila.

Lauren knew she was made but this did not seem like something Camila would do, just leave without telling anyone where she was going.

The green-eyed girl decided to call her. She knew Camila probably wouldn't want to talk, but Lauren just needed to know that she was safe.

As she was calling, she heard a phone ring from their couch.

Lauren ran over to the couch and pulled it out from in between the couch cushions.

Camila's phone.

This started to get Lauren worried. Camila never leaves the house without her phone.

She had a bad feeling about this whole situation and decided the only reasonable thing to do was to call the police. Maybe Camila decided to go on a walk to clear her head and got attacked. Or worse, maybe someone came to the house and kidnapped her. Whatever it was, Lauren wasn't going to sit by and wait for Camila to come home when she felt that something was wrong.

She quickly dialed 911 on her phone and waited.

"911, what's your emergency?" the dispatcher said.

"Hi, I'd like to report a missing persons." Lauren said with a shaky voice, almost in tears.

"Okay, please stay on the line and remain calm."

"Okay." Lauren could feel worry building up within her. Even though they were fighting, Lauren still knew Camila wouldn't just leave her. Or at least she thought she wouldn't.

As the dispatcher started to ask more questions about Camila, it only made Lauren more scared about what could have happened to her.

Once she was off the phone and she knew that the police were looking for Camila, Lauren called Ally.

"Hey, Ally. I know it's late but can I bring Logan over? Camila's missing and the police are looking for her right now but I need to also. She's asleep so I can just drop her off. She won't be any trou-" The sleepy shorter girl cut her off.

"Of course, Lauren. Just come on over." You could tell she was dead tired but was willing to do anything for her best friend.

——-

After dropping off her daughter at Ally's apartment, she started to search all around the city. With pepper spray in her coat pocket, the only one she was worried about was Camila.

These days all her thoughts were consumed by the younger girl. Usually happy loving thoughts, but right now they were thoughts of worry and sadness. She doesn't know what she would do without Camila. They've only been reconnected for a few months but Lauren loves her so much and could not bare loosing the brunette.

She frantically walks the city until about four A.M. and decides that she needs some rest. She knows the police are out there looking for her also which helps calm some of her nerves but also worries her as they've been looking for as long as she has. She knows Camila is still out there, she just doesn't know where.

What scares her the most is that Camila could be hurt again. She could even be dead.

The thought kills Lauren inside. The thought of losing Camila makes her heart ache more than it ever has.

She doesn't know where Camila is or if she's okay, but she knows that she would give anything in this world up just to know that she's safe, wherever she may be.

—————
Sorry this is short ://

And sorry for being so inactive wow.

I'm honestly a crappy person lmao

love you :)) - J