thirteen

"Mommy! Mommy!" Logan yelled shaking her mother, trying to wake her up.

Lauren was not having it. "Logan stop." She said tiredly.

This didn't stop the small girl. "Mommy, Ally and her friend are here!" She said excitedly.

This woke the dark haired girl up right away.

"Shit."
----------
Lauren didn't know what to do. She knew that Camila wouldn't be happy with what was waiting for her at the door, or who was waiting, but she couldn't just not answer.

She thought about the possibility of telling Logan to say that she was asleep and was seriously considering it until Ally came into the living room.

"Hey, Lauren. Sorry, but I mentioned how close you live and she wanted to come visit and I didn't know how to say no." Ally said, fast in an attempt to get it all out before Lauren got mad.

Lauren was now pacing around the room. "Shit shit shit. What do I do? I can't wake Camila up because she sure as hell doesn't want to meet Lucy. I can't just not tell Camila she was here, though. She deserves to know." Lauren was panicking.

"Okay, I'll just answer

Lauren's heart was beating insanely fast. She didn't know if she should hug the girl or girl her a handshake. She was so nervous. Not nervous in a 'I like her' kind of way. Nervous in a 'I haven't seen her in so long' kind of way.

When Lauren turned the corner into the front hallway of her apartment her heart stopped.

She started feeling this weird feeling in her stomach and her heart was beating erratically.

She was so confused about what these feelings meant. She had Camila. She would never go back to Lucy.

"Lauren." This was all Lucy said, but she said it with a growing grin on her beautiful face.

Lauren smiled a nervous smile. "Lucy. Hey." The green eyed girl didn't exactly know what to do but when Lucy started leaning in for a hug, Lauren accepted easily.

The embrace lasted longer than a usual hug should. It was only broken by the voice of a tired girl.

"Lauren?" The raspy voice got her attention right away.

Lauren looked like a deer in headlights. She felt as if she had been caught doing something wrong, but all she was doing was hugging an old friend. Plus Ally was standing right behind them, so it's not like she was doing anything she shouldn't be doing.

"Camila, this is-uh my friend, Lucy." She pointed to the girl. Lucy gave a small awkward smile and wave. She had no idea who this girl was so she was a little confused why she just came from her living room.

The brown eyed girl did not say anything in return. All she could think of was Lauren and Lucy's past and how they looked pretty friendly in that hug.

"Lucy, this is my Camila, my girlfriend." Hearing those words made Camila feel silly for even thinking anything of the hug. It was just a hug. Camila was Lauren's girlfriend. Lauren's only girlfriend. The only one Lauren was in love with.

Lucy was shocked but at the same time wasn't. She knew Lauren would find another. Lauren was an amazing girl with such a great personality and strong reflective opinion.

"Hi. It's so great to meet you." Lucy held out her hand for Camila to shake, which she did easily.

Camila may have not liked the girls past with her girlfriend, but she thought she was going to like the girl. She seemed very nice. Camila didn't want to hold anything of what Lauren told her against the girl.