four

"It'd be really nice if you'd stay for lunch...?" Lauren half-said and asked Camila.

Camila thought about it for a second. She didn't understand why someone like Lauren would want to spend time with someone like her. Lauren had an absolutely beautiful apartment. She had art pieces all over the rooms, and fancy things like vases that look like pure gold. She, herself, didn't even have a home.

Camila thought about it for a second, and realized that she doesn't want to lose Lauren again. She was an idiot ten-years-ago when she first left; she'll never be that girl again. She doesn't want to get too close to the green eyed girl though. She knows herself well enough to know that she'll screw up in some way, and have to leave again though. She doesn't want to put Lauren through that again.

She wants to tell Lauren, so bad, but she can't. She's too scared of how Lauren will react. She knows it's better to just be Camila for now, not Karla.

Camila acted like she was pondering on the invite for a moment, though she knew she was going to stay. "Sure." she nodded. "I made Logan's favorite dinner last night, tacos." Lauren giggled a bit. "I hope that's okay."

"Oh, of course." Camila said while she sat down at Lauren's kitchen island. Her heart still racing form that small laugh. Lauren's laugh could be insignificant to every passing stranger, but not Camila. She feels the same exact butterflies in her stomach as she did when she heard that exact sound ten-years-ago. She could be having the worst day in the history of bad days, and hearing that heavenly sound would make it just the opposite.

"I can't tell you how much I love tacos." Camila commented as Lauren prepared their lunch. "Ha. Is that your favorite too?" Lauren was trying to get to know as much about the other girl as she could, which she didn't understand why. "It's a close second to pizza. Nothing and no one can beat pizza."

Lauren was instantly reminded of Karla. Pizza was her favorites too.

She needs to stop thinking about her. Karla was in her past, and she can't go back. "Lauren? Are you okay?" Camila noticed she was getting quiet.

Lauren was broken out of her thoughts. "Yeah, yeah, I'm good."

-----------

"I'm being serious!"

"No. You could not have done that!"

"I did it all by myself. He was pretty pissed. But because of my ninja skills, he never found out." Lauren does some goofy ninja pose, that made Camila start wheezing, laughing.

"I can't believe you filled your principals office with a bunch of live chickens. That's insane." Camila was still dying of laughter.

"You better believe it, babe." That made Camila stop laughing. Babe. Lauren didn't just call her 'babe'. It was obviously a friendly thing, but that's all Camila ever wanted Lauren to call her. Also 'hers'.

Lauren didn't even notice the mistake. Mainly because she was too busy taking a dinosaur-sized bite out of her taco.

Camila just composed herself so Lauren wouldn't see the blush rising to her cheeks.

"Are those Logan's?" The younger girl noticed the dozens of drawings on the fridge. Lauren turned her head to look at the 'masterpieces'. "Yeah. She makes a new one everyday for me." She said proudly.

"How old is she?" Camila knew she couldn't be more than about five or six-years-old.

"She just turned five." Lauren replied with a smile. "God. She's growing up so fast." the darker haired girl said with a hint of sadness in her voice. "Pretty soon she's going to be going on dates and being embarrassed of me." Lauren sounded a bit more comical.