six

"No...no, no that's not possible." Lauren was now sweating. She couldn't believe this, but now that she knows, she can't see how she didn't notice. She's now realizing how much Camila looks like she used too. Same dark chocolate brown eyes, same adorable nose scrunch, same sweet caring attitude.

She guesses she didn't know because she basically though Karla was dead. In her defense, it had been ten years since she had last heard from the girl.

Her heart is still racing at the speed of light. The little fifteen year old girl that she fell in love with, has been back in her life for the past month and a half, and she didn't even think of telling the older girl about this. So Camila knew that Lauren was who she was, and kept it in this whole time.

Lauren realized that she had been in love with Camila right after she ran away. Lauren would cry everyday for at least half a year. She had faith though. Faith that Camila would one day come home. Faith that Camila would feel the same way about her. But she knew then that that was a long shot.

"How did you--why--what?" Lauren couldn't even get out full sentences.

Lauren felt as if this was all a dream. Like she would wake up in her bed, and this Camila would have never came into her life.

"Lauren, please say something." Camila was practically begging at this point. She knew Lauren wouldn't react all chill, but she did expect her to at least talk to her about it.

"Karla's dead. You can't be serious." Camila didn't understand how Lauren wasn't grasping this. It's not that hard to understand.

"Okay we need to talk about this. Can we go back inside?" Camila knew that that was risky question. Would Lauren even want Camila back inside her home after all of this. After all the lies.

"...Yeah sure." Lauren was still confused as ever, but she realized that she needed to here Camila's side of the story.

On their short walk back to the apartment room, Lauren thought more about Camila and what she has probably had to go through these past few years. She finally remembered that Camila had been homeless. Lauren had pasted her everyday for a month before actually having Camila stay with her. During that month, Lauren talked to Camila every single day. She didn't even know but she had been in touch with her best friend for awhile.

Once they were finally in the room, Camila and Lauren walk over to the couch, still silent.

"Okay, I know you have a lot of questions, but I just want to say one thing first." Camila said as she saw Lauren open her mouth to start.

"...Oh...Okay." Lauren stopped to let Camila talk. Lauren knows that Camila feels bad and probably thinks that Lauren hates her. She doesn't. She's just confused and wants to know how and why Camila did what she did.

"I was going to tell you, but I just couldn't. So I thought leaving would just make it better as you would never have to see me and I would never have to tell you about this and face how you would react. I didn't want to hurt either of us and I hope you can realize that because I don't want you to hate me or be mad at me." Camila rambled fast, thinking that Lauren would interrupt her.

Camila was suddenly confused when Lauren let out a little giggle. "I'm not mad." Lauren started with a playful tone which changed to a little more serious one. "I just want to know the whole story. So because of that, I'll go make us some coffee." Lauren said then disappeared into the kitchen.

The brown eyed girl was so confused as to why Lauren was acting so cool about all of this. If their roles were switched, Camila knows she's be pissed at Lauren for keeping such a big secret for over a month.