two

"Mommy! I made a felephant." The five-year-old pronounces the animal incorrectly.

"Wow that looks great, Logan." She complimented her daughter on her finger print art.

"I made it myself!" she beamed with pride. "I can see that by the signature at the bottom." She comments on the scribbled pencil writing at the bottom of the page.

"This one's definitely going on the fridge with all your other masterpieces." Lauren beamed. Every single time Logan came home with another piece of "art", her mother would put it on the fridge for all of their visitors to admire. "Yay!" Her daughter yells then runs into her room. "That kid." Lauren smiles and shakes her head a bit. She doesn't know what she would do without her. She used to be so lonely, but these past five years with her daughter have been some of the happiest of her whole entire existence. When Lauren was 21, she was a college drop-out who was trying to get by with the little money she made from selling her art pieces. She felt like she was missing something in her life. She knew exactly what that was. Companionship. Instead of looking for a relationship, or even getting a dog, like most people her age did, Lauren decided to have a child. So she found an acceptable donor, and nine months later she had little baby Logan.

Her phone ringing from her purse broke her from her thoughts. "Hello?" She answered without even checking the caller-id. "Lauren!" Her best friend yelled through the phone. "Hey, Mani."

"We're going out tonight." Normani basically demanded. "I told you, I can't find a sitter this short-notice for Logan." Lauren has only left Logan for a few nights, and those were some of the hardest ones for her. Even then, she called to check up and make sure her daughter was safe. Overprotective is an understatement for how she feels about her daughter.

"I know. That's why I called Ally. She has so many tiny people that she'll blend right in." Ally is one of their other best friends. They all met in college. When Lauren and Normani were freshmen, Ally was a senior. Even though Ally's a little older, they're all still great friends. The only time they get to all hang out is when Lauren's daughter and all of Ally's kids are at school or daycare. Ally, the small 29-year-old, has three children. Her and her husband, Troy, live in the apartment building next to Lauren's.

"I don't know, Mani." She replied unsure of what to do. She loves spending time with her daughter, but she needs s night off. Plus she knows Logan will be more than safe at Ally's. "Ya know what, I will come out tonight. I need a night to just relax." She knew this was gonna be a good decision.

It wasn't a good decision.

Lauren knew that when she saw Ally enter the car. "What the fuck Ally. I thought you were watching the kids. Please don't tell me you left them with a babysitter. They wouldn't know Logan's allergies or that she ha-" Ally cut her off. "-Lauren, they're with Troy." That made Lauren calm down a bit, though she was still concerned. "You didn't think I'd let you guys have a girls night without me, did you?" Lauren chuckled. Ally always finds a way to lighten her mood.

"Okay, good." She relaxed. "This is why I don't have kids. It'll cause me stress, and stress causes wrinkles. I ain't gon' be seen with wrinkles as a 26-year-old." Normani commented as the other two girls laughed a bit.

-------------------

"What're you doin'!" Normani yelled as Lauren dragged her out of the club. "It's time to go, Mani." She said calmly, as she didn't drink a lot, but Normani on the other hand...

"Laur, I was talkin' to that hot guy. I was so in to get some dick." She slurs a bit. "Mani, that was a mannequin." She says as she opens the car door for an annoyed Normani to get in. "Oh. He was sooooo hot though." She dragged out.