eight

Lauren woke up the next morning still feeling all the butterflies that occupied her stomach last night. Finally being with the girl that she had never stopped loving for ten years made Lauren feel as if her life is all of a sudden complete. Like all the pieces of her life-puzzle are finally coming together.

She has an amazing job, which allows her to be at home whenever she needs to be, a beautiful home, a great daughter, an now a beautiful girlfriend. What more could she ask for?

Speaking of her beautiful girlfriend, Lauren looked down at the said girl lying asleep on her chest.

Camila never failed to make Lauren's heart beat erratically, even when she wasn't awake. Lauren knew this was a little fast for her to feel this way about the younger girl, but as her feelings never diminished over the decade they were apart, it sort of made sense that her and Camila were already this close.

Lauren doesn't know what will happen if they end up not working out. She cares so much about Camila that she can not imagine throwing her out of her home. Even if they end up breaking up, she knows she'll always want to and need to protect Camila. As long as Lauren is around Camila will never ever go back to the streets. She will never sleep on a park bench again, never starve again, and never be alone again. Lauren is going to make sure of that.

Lauren just has this instinct. It's like she comes second to herself and Camila and Logan are always going to come first. There's no one else in this world who she would rather protect and keep safe than those two.

Lauren was deep in thought when something, or someone, broke her out of it.

"Ga mornin'" A tired Camila says into her pillow.

"Morning princess." Lauren smiles down at her 'princess'.

Camila lifts her head from the pillow just enough for Lauren to make out what she's saying. "Look away. I have to get to the bathroom."

Lauren was puzzled. "Why do I have to look away?"

"'Cause I have no makeup on."

Lauren chuckled. She always thought the younger girl was beautiful, more so without the makeup on.

"Camila, I don't care about that. I think your gorgeous with and without makeup on. You don't need to impress me at all." Lauren spoke the truth, trying to convince the younger girl that she had nothing to worry about concerning her appearance.

"I need it. Here, how about you look away so I can run to the bathroom and get all prettied up." Camila said with determination in her voice.

Lauren wondered why Camila cannot understand that she doesn't care about the way Camila looks, and she wouldn't even care if Camila looked like a bag lady without her products even though she looks like a goddess. Lauren wasn't even trying to talk Camila up, she sincerely though that Camila was the most beautiful girl in the world.

"No, how about we don't do that. Camila, there's nothing wrong with the way you look without makeup. I've seen you many times without. I even saw you yesterday without makeup, and, by the way, I thought you looked like a queen. Though that's obvious cause you are a queen. My queen." Lauren finished.

"Yeah but that's when we weren't, like, together. Ya know?" Camila tried to stammer out.

"Yeah but I still lo-like you as much as I did when I saw then. My feelings haven't changed and they never will." Lauren said without a hint of hesitation.

Then, something surprising happened. Camila lifted her head from her pillow and turned to look at her girlfriend.

"How are you so amazing?" Camila asked, incredulously.