Chapter Fourteen- No Delight

There was a knock on the door and Aurel abruptly turned to face it. She had been trying to find her missing piece of cat earrings but to her disappointment, there was nothing to grab her attention as she desperately searched her room. 

"Aurel, my dear?" Madam Watson's head peeped in to see what was her daughter up to. "It's getting late," she reminded and raised her eyebrows, rather surprised to see Aurel's room in such a messy state.

"Fine! I'm coming, mum!" Aurel hastily removed her other earring, since it's other pal' was missing out, and wore another pair instead before heading out of her room and into the car where her mum would drive her to the mall. 

Despite that their mother-and-daughter relationship had been working out pretty well, Aurel always had the feeling that she had never really fit in. They only had soft talks and chit-chats once a day. They never shared 'moments' or heart-to-heart talks. The love her mother had showered her in seemed like plastic, a mere way to cheat their daughter, giving her the wrong idea that she had been completely loved.  

Her brother Aaron was a snobby jerk who looks out of the window all day long, only hoping to catch a girl walking pass by. He was a colledge dropout and Aurel supposed that he had nothing else to accomplish in life, unless he found another interest or passion that had nothing to do with academics. 

Her family, or perhaps her foster family, had one significant thing in them. They all had terrible moodswings. Even though Aurel wasn't exactly related to them by blood, she gained the Watson family's main habit: when you're happy, you'll be as good as an angel, when you're angry, you'll be as bad as a demon.

Yes, that was their significant rule and it came 'naturally' when they were born. 

Aurelia was like that too.

Aurel is indulged into photography and is passionate towards several things. Unsure about herself, is that she dislikes people who tend to have the same interest as her. She just couldn't stop herself from throwing hateful glances that easily made you feel discouraged, somehow.

                                                                                 *

"One salmon maki please." The girls had already started to order their sushi food at the restaurant and Aurel, feeling nervous by the huge crowd of people and the hustling and bustling situation of the Zen Sushi Restaurant, stumbled into the restaurant. She was claustrophobic.

In an instant, she spotted her friends, sipping green tea and chatting loudly and happily. Her eyes darted to Hazel, and she felt so happy to see her best friend back in town after a week of being missing.

Aurel walked towards her friends, making sure that no one would step on her foot by accident. 

"Aurel!" Hazel beamed, as she was the first to spot her.

Aurel shyly smiled and sat in a chair between Krissy and Emma. "Hazel, we all really missed you!" Aurel gave Hazel a tight hug.

"You're going to suffocate me to death!" Hazel chuckled softly as the others laughed at her remark.

                                                                            *

After filling their tummies with satisfaction, Emma kindly paid the bill as her sushi treat for that night as they proceeded to their most-awaited source of excitement: Shopping!

"Forever 21!" The girls yelped happily to one another as they eagerly took the escalator, ascending to the floor above them, and racing towards the shop which stood in front of them when the escalator reached to its end.