Chapter Ten- Trouble

It was very irritating to be surrounded by a crowd of nosy, random and unfamiliar people.

"Is it true that your friend is missing?"

"Was she kidnapped?"

"Sorry, but, can I ask you if-"

Emma pushed her way through the crowd, and that included staff and bossy teachers who were curious as well, threw them a threatening glower to warn them how this hot-headed girl can be dangerous when she loses her temper.

Aurel, Cath and Krissy, who were caught in the crowd of busy-bodies as well, followed Emma's actions as they struggled to push away the students. Cath and Aurel did a good job though. They yelled angrily, not bothering whether if it's an old staff woman, their own teacher or familiar faces or friends that they knew.

"NO QUESTIONS!" Cath swore as she turned and immediately, fell onto the floor. The crowd silenced. Cath rubbed her elbow and looked up. Kaitlyn and her 'gang' were looking at her, smirking.

"Looks like she bumped into the wrong fella." Emma heard a student mutter to another friend beside him as they dashed by, as if trying to avoid meeting the notorious gang.

"Aww, look who bumped her elbow. That would be a nice purple 'spot' to your fair skin!" Kaitlyn nudged her friends as they broke out into a roar of laughter. 

What's so funny, retards? Emma wanted to shout that out loud to them, but decided not to. She wasn't the type to pick up fights, especially with these sort of people. 

"Stop!" Krissy and Aurel rushed towards Cath and gave her a helping hand as they pulled her up to her feet.

"Such caring friends." Isaiah sounded sarcastic. Obviously.

Justin nodded and came forward. "So where's that rich Land Rover nut?"

"She's Hazel. Can't tell the difference between hazelnut and a girl's name?" Emma stepped forward, her intense eyes showed that she was daring and ready for a challenge. Aurel, Cath and Krissy chuckled, a smile of satisfaction spread over their faces. 

"I'm not here to win arguements, wench-" Justin said in a threatening tone.

"So you're here to lose?" Cath snorted in an assuming tone as she stepped forward, beside Emma. 

"Nah, nah!" Justin waved a hand. "Just wonder what happened to that stepdaughter of a drunkard."

"Shut up! Like you know anything!" Emma snapped, trying her best not to release her temper.

"We're just speaking the truth anyway!" Another one of the girls from their gang, Lora Diaz, stepped out, putting an elbow on Isaiah's shoulder.

"Yeah! Perhaps she became a drug addict like her brother!" Isaiah shouted out loud. The whole gang laughed out loud.

Emma was about to strike. Krissy held Emma's arm even though Emma tried to let go. 

"Emma!" Krissy whispered pleadingly under her breath.

"Like I care about those fucking fags!" Emma yelled to Krissy, making sure everyone heard her, she walked forward, raised her right fist and punched Isaiah in the face.

"EMMA STONES!" A voice echoed down the corridor. The group dispersed and ran off, in literal, they were escaping

Isaiah placed his palm onto his face and uttered something to Lora, who whispered something back into his ear. Kaitlyn stared at Emma and muttered the word "bitch" as she pulled Isaiah and Lora as the three ascended a flight of stairs that would take them upstairs, either to the lab or some other classroom.

Mr. Marley walked towards Emma. 

Emma sighed. Of all teachers, why him? Mr. Marley was the most difficult and complicated person she had ever came across. Troublesome, cocky, arrogant and know-it-all, yes, that was Mr. Marley. He isn't even a part of the discipline committee. Emma strongly agrees to the fact that Mr. Marley sticks to believe that he was already meant to be one of 'them', a member of the discipline committee, that is. He always bosses about with news that he isn't supposed to be told of, setting his own rules and regulations or terms and conditions in the school, busting kissing couples, and probably a thousand more on the list.

"Emma. See me in my office."

"You have no office," Emma stated. For one moment, Mr. Marley looked embarrassed and flushed red.

Aurel, Cath and Krissy resisted themselves from bursting out into laughter.

"See the principal! Now!" Oh, that did make Mr. Marley angry.

"I never punched any schoolmate in my whole life," Emma replied, "they were the one who started a fight."

"Sir, they tried to pick a fight with us and insulted our friend!" Aurel protested but Mr. Marley shook his head.

Another crowd of bossy students and random students walking to their lockers gathered, staring stupidly, with no idea what had happened.

"I see no one, Aurelia Watson. Would you three like to accompany your so-called best friend to the principal's office?" Mr. Marley spoke rudely and loudly as he turned and looked at Cath and Krissy, who returned his fixed gaze by doing the "Why don't you believe us?!" facial expression.

"I don't believe my son Isaiah has anything to do with this, by the way." Mr.Marley wiped his spectacles with a small cloth.

"Keep this in your locker for me." Emma handed her backpack to Krissy. Emma nodded at them, assuring them that she was confident and ready for anything.

And she searched her way to the principal's office. For the first time.