Chapter Two- Dean

It was raining cats and dogs. The wind howled, a long, long, screeching cry. The thunder rumbled and roared while the lightning sparked continuously every few minutes with a piercing scream.

Emma walked out of her room with a small towel draped over her shoulder to prevent her tee shirt from getting soaked from her wet hair. She peeked out of the curtains of the glass window in the living room. One ceramic pot had smashed as it fell to the grown, blown by the strong howling wind. It's a miracle that only one fell, she had expected that most of them would be blown and smashed as they hit the ground. Miraculously, they stood still. As if they were not a single bit moved by the wind. 

The satellite was strong. Shine or rain, the flatscreen TV would still be playing MTV's music. Emma never left the television off, well, occasionally, she would. Sometimes, she would fall asleep on the couch watching music videos until the next day when she woke up and got herself ready for school. Her father had taught her to leave the television on all day even when you're out for the sake of fooling burglars who would assume that someone is still at home, watching and listening to music on MTV. Emma nearly smiled at the thought of it. Funny daddy. Always the joker of the family. 

Now, MTV was playing Jutin Bieber's latest song 'Boyfriend'. 

Emma remembered Cath recalling the music video and song itself "Cheesy" and "Suckish". 

Emma didn't like anything to do with Justin Bieber, she loved EVERYTHING to do with him. Somehow, she didn't know why, listening to his songs always lifted up her moods. But this time, and for the very first time, it didn't. 

The heavy rain had subsided. Now, it only drizzled softly outside. 

Emma heard soft sounds of a guy talking outside, but the drizzling had made her heard little of the conversation. Talking to the phone, I suppose? Emma wore her Totoro cotton slippers as she walked slowly towards the window. She pulled the curtains and outside at the sheltered bus-stop located right in front of her house, stood a guy. Broad shoulders, brown eyes. Attractive. Muscular too. His hair was like Zayn's from One direction, but this guy's hair was brown. An attractive brown that completely matched his looks. Emma imagined a scenario if her four girls caught her eyes drawn to this guy, they would creep behind her, grab her by surprise, and "Ooooh!" all the way, and from that day onwards, they wouldn't stop saying "Ooooh!" Oh, no they won't. Emma had experienced it twice. Once, in Grade Six where she fell for her seat mate, a blue-eye with cute red dorky Playboy specs. The second time was less than two years ago when Emma started to feel attracted towards Davis. That, Krissy didn't know. She immediately forced herself to 'let go' of him when Krissy announced to literally the whole world that they were officially love birds. 

Seeing that the guy was still rooted to the same spot, Emma slipped into her black tight jeans and 'Music Never Sleeps' jersey she had ordered online. Making sure she looked trendy, she opened the door and walked out. 

Emma, this is stupider than I expected it would turn out to be...Emma thought to herself. Go back, go back! Emma descended the stairs from her verandah and leaned against the fence. 

"Excuse me...?" She said timidly. 

"Well, no! I don't care what you're talking about!" He was shouting, angry.

Then, Emma realised he was talking on his cell phone all the while. She bit her lip and continued to look at him through a wide gap between each fence. It seemed to her that the guy hadn't even noticed her presence. He was busy argueing on the phone. 

Perhaps he already has a girlfriend? Emma blinked. Is she the one he is argueing with one the phone? Just then, Emma turned back and decided that she would leave this guy in 'peace',