Chapter Eight- Moodless Night

Intending to forget about all that happened, Cath pressed the 'On' button of her laptop. In real life, yes, she was an annoying, lame and weird pest. She acted freely on her own will, and sometimes gives out  direct and frank opinions that often make people offended or frustrated. But she acted out on her free will, anyway.

Typing way faster than Lisbeth did in The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, Cath happily waited for a video to load. Hmm, Tsuritama. I heard it's a weird 11-episode anime series with freaky people, but it sounds great to me, Cath fiddled around with a pencil. 

Yes, she was definitely living the lifestyle of Japanese people. Learning how to make sushi, miso soup recipes (it tastes most delicious with whitebait), and she has a few hand-made kimonos and yukatas kept in her drawers, that originally came all the way from Japan. Oh yes, posters. She collected tons of anime posters, and her favourite Japanese singers. Yuki Kajiura, Kalafina, Shinichiro Miki, Oath Sign, oh, she loved them all! 

Well, perhaps there was one thing about her Japanese lifestyle that she lacked of. She never really entered a cosplay before, neither did she ever dressed up as a 'cosplayer'

She sighed.

Hyoukai sounds interesting. I heard Chihayafuru is an amazing story about friendship. Cath jotted down the series name in a 'scribbly' way, in case she might have forgotten about it in the future.

She stared at the blank and black laptop screen. She moved the mouse by an inch, and the laptop came back to life again.

Her mind suddenly wandered off to thinking about Hazel. Hazel was sensitive among guys and she exaggerates a lot, maybe too much. Her parents' divorce when she was a mere toddler and the train accident that resulted in her two siblings' death might have hit her heart, hardBut isn't that supposed to make you stronger? Cath shrugged to herself as she plugged in her white earphones.

"Meow." Cath turned her head to see her Abysinnian cat Pau attempting to bite a wire. The wire connected to her IPad charger...

"NO, PAU!" Cath wailed, unhappily. Loud enough to scare Pau away as the naughty cat scampered out of the room through a gap in the unclosed door.

 At that split second, Cath suddenly remembered that she had forgotten to prepare herself a warm cup of coffee and midnight snacks before settling in into her leather armchair.

Groaning, she lazily walked out of the room into the kitchen. 

Realizing that Clementine, her ten year-old sister, was glueing her eyes onto the town's local news channel, she felt a tiny prick of jealousy.

It's so hard to imagine a ten year-old being interested in watching the local news, it would be triple times better to watch CNN or BBC news instead. Plus, Clementine is Grade Six in her piano. Cath was one level behind. Cath only played the piano, and Clementine? She plays the guitar, violin AND lastly, piano. She turns the dull and plain white walls of her room into an unimaginable wonder of vivid colours, splashes of paints, neat and cool doodles, self-made handicrafts, photos, posters, and all! She jail-breaked her IPhone without anyone to assist her. She was practically perfect from head to toe, inside and out. Angrily, Cath gulped down her first cup of coffee. 

"Now, the most shocking news you might find for tonight. Hazel Tony, stepdaughter of tycoon Michael Tony, is reported MISSING!"

 Cath spluttered out her mouthful of coffee all over the dining table. "Oh, crap," Cath froze, half was because she couldn't believe what she had heard from the television, the other half is that if someone found out that she had spluttered coffee onto the dining table, she would be instant dead meat.