chapter 45

He lays in the hospital bed paler than when we chatted just two days ago on Skype. I couldn’t hold the tears back. I run to his bed, collapsing on his chest holding him tight. He groans slightly, i release my grip on him. “I never said let go.” He whispers quietly. “Why are you in here? What happened?” I ask frantically. He slowly opens his eyes to meet mine. 

“Alcohol poisoning is what put me in here, I have to stay because I have anemia.” he mumbles looking away from me. “How much did you drink?!” I ask astonished. “I dunno. A lot I suppose, frankly I don’t even remember.” He says with a shrug. “Fuck Harry. Why? Why would you do this?” I ask.

“Because I can Brianna.” he says bluntly. “Why would you do this to me? To Darcy for godsakes!?” I say to him. “I’m dearly fucking sorry that I can’t be perfect for you Brianna.” He retorts. “Why are you being an arse?” I ask bluntly.

He pauses for a few moments. “Why are you even here Brianna?” He asks suddenly. “I thought you wanted me here.” I say taken back by how much of an arse he was being. “I not once asked you to fly over here and see me in the hospital.” he says with a shake of his head.

I stand there a bit shocked by what I was here. What am I even doing here? I wonder. “What about the other night? You said you wanted to be with me.” I squeak. He snorts. “I was drunk.” he says with a roll of his eyes and a weird smirk. “So you meant nothing that you said?” I ask. “Bri, I don’t even remember what the fuck I said let alone mean any of it.” he tells me.

I nod. “Well I’m going back to London then. Enjoy the rest of your fucking stay in the hospital. Get well soon. And maybe see Darcy, you know your daughter?” I say to him. Yeah i know i sound like a major bitch, but hey right now i could really careless if i hurt his feelings any. “I’ll come see her when we get back to the UK.” He says quietly.

I leave the room, running into Louis as I run down the hall. “Where you going so fast?” he asks a bit confused. “He didn’t even want me here! I’m going home!” I say through the tears. Louis studies my face then wraps his arms around me. “I’m so sorry babe. I seriously didn’t know. The doctors told Anne that he was yelling your name and asking for you when he first got here.” he says to me.

“He told me the other day that he wanted me back and now today he told me he was drunk off his rocker when he said it and doesn’t even remember what he said to me.” i blubber. Louis strokes my hair trying to sooth me. “I’ll fly back with you if you want me to.” he says. “No Louis. You have to stay here with the boys.” I say wiping my tears away.

“I still have three days off that i can do what ever i please with, I’m flying back with you to make sure you get back safely.” he says sternly. “Fine.” i whisper pulling him in for a hug again. I was actually glad that he was flying back with me, I didn’t want to be alone right now.Louis pulls out his phone, calling the airport for the next flight.

“Well the next flight to London isn’t until tomorrow, but they have us booked for the first one at 8Am tomorrow.” he says hanging up the phone. “You hungry?” he asks. I nod. He takes me by the hand leading me out of the hospital.

*

We ended up at McDonald’s, the only place open at this time of day. But frankly I was okay with any place we ate at as long as Louis was with me. He had already gotten Harry off my head with his silly antics.

Because no one else was in McDonald’s but us, Louis and I made our way to the playplace after we were done eating. Like little kids, we climbed throughout the whole thing, chasing after one and another, sliding down the slides. It was great fun if you ask me. Louis always seems to know how to bring out the child in everyone.

I dive into the ball pit, Louis follows in hot pursuit. I don’t come up from under the sea of colored balls. I can hear Louis stomping around looking for me. I feel warm hands slip around my waist, pulling me upward. “Found you.” Louis says grinning cheekily at me. “That you did.” I say smiling back. 

I couldn’t help but get lost in his beautiful eyes. Slowly I lean forward and press my lips to his. I feel him tense underneath me but he doesn’t pull away, instead he kisses me back, deepening the kiss.

My hand finds the back of his neck, pulling him closer to me. His hands slip from my sides to lacing around my back. His lips part, letting me in. His breathe hot and heavy, tasting of mint from his gum. Slowly we pull back, looking into each others eyes.”Now that should have been our first kiss.” he says with a chuckle. I nod with a smile then lean in and peck him on the lips.