chapter 10

Liam, Louis, Zayn and Niall decided to give Harry and I some time to ourselves so they went to find a place to eat that Niall wanted to eat at, as Harry and I headed to Harry’s room. Harry decided to change out of his sweatpants into a pair of jeans and a white v-neck, then pulls a beanie over his curls. I grab a fresh pair of clothes out of one of my suitcases then head into the bathroom to change.

“Ready to go babe?” Harry says when i walk out fully dressed. I nod, he grabs his iphone, ray bans, and wallet off the nightstand then walks over and takes my hand. “Where you wanna go?” He says looking down at me with those beautiful eyes. “Erm. What’s good?” I ask chuckling. Harry smiles cheekily, “I suppose I will surprise you with the choice then.” He says opening the door of the hotel room and ushering me out. He takes my hand and leads me to the back of the hotel so we could leave without fans seeing us.

Instead of taking a cab, we decide to walk. “Have you decided where we are going?” I ask looking up at Harry from behind my ray-bans. “Yup” He replies with a grin. “But it just happens to be a surprise to you still.” I stick my lower lip out in a pout. Harry leans down and kisses me, sucking on my lip sticking out. “Sorry babe. It wouldn’t have to be a surprise if you would have just picked.” he says pulling back from the kiss. A few minutes later we walk into a small café. “Is this the place?” i ask looking around smiling.

“Yup! They have some pretty good food here.” Harry replies. It was a 50s themed restaurant, with old booths and a jukebox in the corner of the room. The walls were covered in records and signed guitars, the floor had black and white tiles that made it look like a large checker board. There was a place sort of like a bar at the front of the store. Harry lead me to one of the stools up there. “I love sitting here and watching them make chocolate sodas.” He explains taking a seat at a stool. 

I made a weird face when he said chocolate soda. That couldn’t be good at all. “What?” he asks seeing my disgusted face. “Chocolate soda?” I ask a little grossed out. “Oh babe it’s really good! I’ll order one and we can share.” Harry tells me smiling sweetly. Harry orders a burger with fries and a large chocolate soda. I decide to order chicken tenders, fries and a medium strawberry milkshake. 

We talked about what has went on in the past 3 months that Harry and I were apart while we waited for the food. It didn’t take long before the waitress served us. I noticed she kept smiling and staring at Harry. But he took no interest in her, it was just me and his burger today. “Need anything else just holler.” she says walking away, smiling. Harry took a sip of his chocolate soda which consisted of chocolate ice cream, chocolate syrup, whipped cream, and carbonated water to make it a soda. “Try it BriBri! It really isn’t that bad.” he says sliding the bubbly ice cream over to me. 

I take a small sip and gasp. It was delicious! I take another, longer sip. Then another. “Hold up! Save some for me!” Harry says laughing as he grabs a straw and sticks it into the large glass. We continue to drink the chocolatey goodness down to the last drop, then move onto my milkshake. By the time we got that finished both Harry and I were full. Harry goes up and pays for the bill, I see the waitress try to slip Harry her number but he just shakes his head and walks back to me. I couldn’t help but smile at him. “Ready?” he asks. “You bet.” i say as he takes my hand.

Harry and I decide to walk around enjoying the beautiful day. We end up in a park. Harry walks me down to a lake in the middle of the park. He sits down in the bright green grass then slowly pulls me down into his lap and wraps his around me. “Beautiful” I say looking out into the lake and seeing baby ducks swimming around with their mother. “Yes you are.” Harry whispering in my ear. I smile widely, from ear to ear. Then lean up and kiss his chin.