03 | pure

KU Dormitory
8am

Word Count: 642

I laid in my bed, curled up into a ball as I weeped into my pillow.

This was all my fault; it was my fault that Jungkook felt the way he did. It as my fault that he was already taking an interest in other girls.

I should've never went to that party. I should've stayed home with Jihoon and spent what little time I had left with him. I should've bought a ticket to go to the concert with Jeongguk and his brother, Jung-Hyun. I should've stayed home by myself and watched dramas, or talked on the phone with Pearl. I should've done anything BUT go to that party.

Alarming my nerves, I heard the front door to the dormitory open and close. I bit my tongue to halt my weeping as I sat up slowly in my bed, listening for a voice or even footsteps.

Instead, I got a knock at our bedroom door.

"(Y/N)," Jungkook's calm voice was on the other side. "Can I come in?"

I took in a deep breath, drying my face.

"Come in," I allowed.

Even though it was expected, my heart practically thumped out of my chest as Jungkook entered the room, closing the door behind him. He walked over to his bed, pulling out an Academics textbook from underneath.

"I came back for this," He looked toward the door, hugging the book against his chest. His hair was damp with sweat from Choreography. "I hope you feel better."

He walked towards the door, wrapping his hand around the metal knob. He paused, holding his motionless grip. He let out a deep sigh, turning around slowly to face me. It was hard to make eye contact with him, as bad as it sounded—it was the truth.

Truth hurts.

"I know you're not sick," He muttered, walking over to me. Placing the textbook down by his feet, he sat on the edge of my bed. He cupped the back of my head with one hand whilst feeling my forehead with his other. He held it there for a long minute, gazing into my eyes.

He removed the hand from my forehead but kept the back of my head cupped. He tilted his head, a slight glint of care appeared in his eyes.

"Why were you crying?" His voice was soft.

"Y-You...," I looked away, stammering uncontrollably. "You told that girl you were single. A-And you're not... Are you?"

I met his eyes again. He shook his head slowly, holding up my chin with the hand that was once against my forehead. He leaned in slowly, closing his eyes. My cheeks burned with shock, this had to be a dream.

I closed my eyes when his lips were firmly against mine, pecking my trembling lips slowly. I wanted to pull away when I felt his tongue against my lower lip, moving gently with my own. I melted into the unwanted passionate kiss, tears rolling down my cheeks.

I'm... confused?

So he hates me in public and loves me when we're alone? I can admit that I've fucked up horribly. But he didn't have to forgive me, he chose to come back. I avoided him. He came back. I almost moved on, and he came back.

With a sudden rush of negative emotion, I roughly pushed him away by his chest. His lips were puffy from the lustful kiss as he eyed me carefully. As if he heard my hateful thoughts, he nodded and grabbed his textbook.

I watched as he walked over to the door, turning the knob with this sleeved fingers. He turned and looked at me, the corners of his red lips curling into a smile.

"Get well soon," He remarked.

Then he was gone...

*Perfect Man —Bangtan Sonyeondan (COVER)

*Lost —Bangtan Sonyeondan