Fifty Five

Maya's POV

Maya's POV

"I can't believe how okay you are about this whole issue." Riley comments from the other side of the couch. "I mean she seems like such a-"

"Bitch. I know she is. And obviously I'm not that okay about it but what choice do I have?" I question looking at her.

"I could tell everyone not to come." Riley suggests and tosses a grape into her mouth.

"No, I'm not backing down from this. I know Lucas does not love that girl none the less even like her." I smirk and grab a grape for myself. Even though Alex is my pretend boyfriend, I can't forget about the fact that Lucas and I aren't together anymore. I really had feelings for him.

"Maya, I'm worried about this Paris girl." Riley states sympathetically. I give her a confused look and she proceeds to explain her reasoning. "Nobody can love trash, nor would they want to."

"I've taught you well." I chuckle and throw a grape up into the air then catching it in my mouth in a matter of seconds.

"Do you think you'll be fine seeing Lucas?"

"I mean I'm always fine, but I do miss him." I state blankly avoiding eye contact. After a few seconds the doorbell rings and Riley gets up to answer it. Mr and Mrs Matthews took Auggie on some trip for the night so it was the perfect opportunity to have this small "party".

The door opens and in walks Farkle, Zay, and Smackle. Farkle gives Riley a small kiss on the cheek while Smackle walks over and gives me a hug. I never thought that I would be close with Smackle, but she's one of us now and nothing can change that.

"So..." Zay walks over and sits next to me on the couch. "I know we have this challenge about who can have more fun at this party, but I don't think this is the best time to do it." He says placing a hand on my shoulder. Smackle follows Zay and sits on the other side of him. I give her a smile and she replies with a warm grin.

"You're right Zay. Tonight I'm working on my comebacks." I chuckle and there is another knock at the door. Riley gets up to answer it again and Alex emerges from the other side.

"Hi Alex." Riley smiles as he walks over to me.

"Hey Riley. Hi Maya." He says giving me a hug. He bends down and whisper in my ear, "Do they know?" I shake my head, of course Riley does but nobody else.

"Oh by the way, before Satan and girl Satan get here I wanted you guys to know that Alex and I aren't really a couple. I ask him to pretend to be my boyfriend for this." I explain to Farkle, Zay, and Smackle. Almost on cue the doorbell rings and I pull Alex down to sit on the couch on the other side by me.

Riley sighs and opens the door. "Lucas. Panama." Riley states blankly and slams the door behind them.

"It's Paris genius." Paris fires back. I breathe in deeply trying to keep calm but the fact that she just insulted my best friend makes it pretty hard. Lucas gives a nod towards Alex and he just glares back at him. Oh this is going to be fun.