Forty Five

(A/N) This is another chapter that is going to be written in someone's POV so this will be a longer chapter than usual. Also thank you for 25k views!!! I hope you enjoy.

Maya's POV

I'm so pissed off right now. But I should've seen it coming.

Lucas is going to be at this little get together with Vanessa and it makes me want to vomit. I knew that he was going to do something like this to me. I should've never brought down my walls. Should've never let him in. Should've never trusted him. All the boys in my life leave eventually, once they see my true colors.

Vanessa showed up at about 5:50, but I had been with Riley all day. I wasn't going to cry about Lucas because he's not worth it, but it is sure gonna be hella awkward.

"Hey Maya, what's wrong?" Vanessa says as she sits down next to me on the couch.

"Oh nothing, I'm fine." She stops while she's ahead. I can't tell her that I'm pissed at Lucas because of her. I don't see why he hates her so much. Okay besides the whole Zay's baby thing, if that's even real. Riley looks at me and I wink at her, indicating that I don't want her to say anything.

Riley went into the kitchen and a few moments later, came out with a bowl of popcorn. She hands it to me and I smile at her. She sits down next to me and hugs me from the side. This is what best friends are for.

The doorbell rings and Riley jumps up to answer it. Farkle is standing outside the door, holding a single flower in his hand. I expected him to hand it Riley, she gives him a big kiss and they live happily ever after, but Farkle walks right by her. Riley turns around, while I was shook as to why she was still smiling.

Farkle walks up to the couch and hands me the daisy. I take it cautiously and have a puzzled look on my face. He leans down and whispers in my ear, "Riley told me everything." I shake my head and give him a hug.

"Thank you Farkle." I smile standing up.

"Anytime Maya." He walks over to Riley and plants a kiss on her lips. She whispers something in his ear but I was to busy grabbing a vase from the cabinet to put the flower in.

Zay and Smackle showed up a few minutes later, and you could cut the tension in the room with a knife.

"Zay it's so good to see you!" Vanessa gets up and tries to hug Zay, but he turns away at her touch and kisses Smackle on the cheek. Vanessa gets a hurt look on her face, but plasters on a fake smile to cover it up.

Riley, sensing the awkwardness, brings out a tray of food and sets it down on the coffee table. The doorbell rings and she rushes to get it. I take in a breath, anticipating who was going to walk through that door. Riley swings open the door, a frown on her face, and in walks Lucas Friar. He keeps his head down and goes to sit next to Vanessa.

"Nice to see you again Friar." Vanessa nudges him in the shoulder and I roll my eyes.

"Okay let's get this party started." Farkle comes out of the kitchen with Riley at his side. They sit down on the opposite side of the coffee table and I remain standing, away from everyone else. Smackle and Zay sit next to Riley on the floor and Vanessa looks over at me.

"Come on Maya. Sit by me." She pats the seat next to her and I cautiously sit down on the other side of the couch, away from Lucas Friar. "Let's play a game." Vanessa says overly exaggerated. "How about truth or dare."

"I'm down." Smackle agrees, completely oblivious to the fact that this can not end well.

"Awesome, I'll start." Vanessa continues and glances at at the two lovebirds in the middle. "Riley, truth or dare?"

"Truth." Riley replies.

"Who was your first crush?" Of course she would ask that question.

"Well it was Lucas, but Farkle is my first and only love." Riley answers and Farkle blushes. "Okay Lucas, truth or dare?" Riley glares at Lucas and I internally cuss at her.

"Umm.. I-I guess truth." He stutters and I roll my eyes for the fifth time tonight.

"Why the hell did you break my best friend's heart?! Huh?! To make yourself feel better? You can be really shallow Lucas Friar. Maya didn't know what was going on and she was worried about you. If you think that worrying about your boyfriend is self centered, then you don't deserve her." I want to get up and hug Riley and tell her it's okay, that I can fight my own battles, but I'm frozen in my seat, all eyes on me.

"Well this just got good. Go ahead Lucas Friar, why did you break Maya Hart's heart?" Vanessa smiles a Cheshire grin. Oh this cannot be good.

"I didn't mean to hurt you Maya. I was just worried about Zay and Smackle's relations-" I can't take it anymore.

"Can't you ever think about our relationship for once!? Why does it always have to be about Zay or Riley or anybody else. We had to hide our relationship because you were worried about what everybody else would think! Well what about what I think?!" I shriek and feel a tear roll down my face. I will not cry here, not in front of him or anyone.

"Maya I-"

"I don't care Lucas Friar. I'm not weak and I don't need your pity." I was already standing by now and when I barged out of the room I wasn't surprised when Riley followed me.

"Come on, bay window right now."

Vanessa's POV

This is perfect, now all I need to do is find out the secrets of Smackle and Zay's relationship, then he will want to come running to me.

"Okay, who's next?" I ask innocently.

"Are you damn serious?! I just lost my best friend and the love of my life, but all you want to do is play a stupid game??" Lucas screeches and throws his arms up in rage. "I knew something bad was going to happen, that no relationship lasts when your around. Not only did you ruin my life but you ruined Zay's until he found the best girl for him!"

"Well if Zay hadn't followed you here then maybe him and I could've been a family!" I shout enraged before I even register what I just said out loud.

"And hat the hell does that mean?" Zay stands up with a curious look on his face.

"Oh nothing I-I don't know what I was saying." I try to cover up.

"She was pregnant with your baby Zay, then got an abortion the day after you left." Lucas spits out and I flip him off.

"WHAT THE HELL?!" Maya and Riley come out from the room to watch everything that's about to go down and I just want to go crawl in a hole and cry. "Vanessa? Don't tell me this is true." I can see the hurt in Zay's eyes and the sound of it in his voice.

"I was just so mad and irritated after you left that I just couldn't deal with it anymore." I try to explain.

"But you broke up with me! Why the hell did you not tell me about my child. I would've come back, helped support our child, together."

"I was scared Zay. But maybe I can make it up to you." I smile slightly through the tears I didn't even know I was crying.

"It's too late now Vanessa. You went and screwed up your own damn life." Zay's words hit me like a truck and leave me there dumbfounded. "I have the most beautiful and wonderful girlfriend I could ever ask for. So go and sleep around with very other guy in New York while you're here, I don't care, but I never want to see you again."

"Zay come on, you don't mean that. I have always loved you." I plead.

"And I thought I loved you. But people change, and couples that keep secrets from each other are doomed from the start."

"I think you should leave Vanessa." Lucas leads me to the odor and I stand just outside of it. Zay walks over with Smackle at his side.

"Welcome to New York. See ya bitch." Zay slams the door in my face, and I sprint out of the building, salty tears streaming down my face and onto the pavement underneath me.