Thirty One

Maya's POV

"Where is Lucas?" I ask when the door is shut behind everyone.

Everyone started to look everywhere but at me, which was pissing me off.

"Guys where the hell is Lucas?" I called out later and Zay was the one to speak.

"I don't know. He said that he had something to do. I'm not sure when he is coming." Zay looked down at his feet, scared to make eye contact with me.

"Don't worry Maya, he'll be here." Riley tries to comfort me and places her hand in my shoulder. I look over to her and smile.

"I know Riels. I'm fine." I go and sit down on Riley's couch while the girls socialize either their dates.

"We should get going." Farkle is leaning on the door and holds it open for everyone to walk out. "Come on Maya, you have to go to prom." Zay comes over and pulls me off the couch.

"Let's go. Don't be a moldy sack of potatoes." Zay hands me over to Riley and Smackle who lead me out the door. All of a sudden everyone tenses when we reach the end of the apartment lobby, and they look like they are going to burst into smiles and giggles.

"What the hell is wrong with you guys?" I ask frustrated. "Somebody better tell me what's going on right now or none of us are going to prom." I stand informs of the exit and await a response.

"I think you better see for yourself." Zay pushes me out the door and standing right I front of me is Lucas standing next to a light blue Volkswagen bus... my California dream in New York City.

"What is this?" I run over to Lucas who's leaning up against the baby blue siding

"Oh hey babe." Lucas plays it cool and I start to smile. "Do you like it?" He asks turning to face me.

"Huckleberry... I love it!" I throw my arms around Lucas, then he picks me up and spins me around. I'm smiling from ear to ear and then I remember... prom. "You know we should probably be getting to prom."

"Oh yeah... I completely lost track of time cause I got lost in your eyes." Lucas plants another kiss on my lips and turns to the rest of our friends. "Let's go everyone." Lucas jumps in the driver's seat, me in the passenger, and rebound else on seats in the back. The interior is just as nice as the exterior.

"Ranger Rick, thanks for doing this. I really love it." I mumble and look over to Lucas. His smile could cure cancer. "At first I thought you blew me off on prom night. But then when I saw this surprise you had planned, I fell harder for a certain cowboy." I look down at my hands, aware that I just spilled all my feelings to Lucas and I don't do that often.

"Maya I'm so sorry you thought I wasn't going to show up to take you to prom. I love you too much to ever hurt you, so just remember that. You make me the happiest cowboy alive and I never want that to stop. When we get older, I want us to still be together, raising our family and still head over heels for each other. So don't ever think that I don't love you, because words can not express how much I love you." Lucas looks over to me and tears are threatening to spill out of my eyes.

"I love you too Lucas." I smile and wipe my eyes. That's when I hear everyone 'ooooing' and 'awwwwing'. That's when I give them the finger and we pull out of the parking lot and on our way to prom.

To be Continued