I smiled. "You're welcome."

He leaned toward me and brushed his lips over mine in slow, amorous motions as he moved over my body, pushing me softly onto the mattress.

Too see how much Henry had changed made me realized how much he loved and cared for me.

That feeling of being loved and cared for is indescribable.

It was the best feeling in the world.

I closed my eyes and gently tightened my arms around him as we kissed into the night.

I prayed that we could be happy like this forever. That Henry and I could overcome the hard times and dark days that crosses our paths. That we stand and fight them together as one.

I prayed ...

.....

The next morning I returned to the house while Henry stayed back at the office. He mentioned something about lunch with Nick and asked if I wanted to join them, but I declined.

Although I wanted to be there and see Nick, I didn't want to intrude on them and plus, they would have more time to talk with each other if I wasn't there. The two men needed to catch up as much as they could on the years they had lost in their relationship. I would only be a distraction in their conversation.

I also wanted to spend time with Nana since I hadn't spoken with her, one on one, in such a long time. I wondered how she was doing these days, if she had been eating well and taking care of herself.

As I walked back to my bedroom, my eyes caught onto the door of the nursery. I walked closer to it and opened the door to the room that would have been Baby Kale's room.

I recalled the time when Nana revealed this room to me for the first time.

I couldn't believe what I had seen.

I couldn't believe Henry had decorated this room for our child in secret. He didn't even mention a single word to me about it. Nothing.

A feeling of sadness still hung in the air, but it was more bearable this time around. I paced around the room, observing closer at the things Henry had placed in here, the little bed, the books lining the bookcase, the rocker, and the picture drawn by my friend Violet at the shelter I visited.

I walked up to the photo frame, my fingers reaching out to feel it, the little house, the mommy, the daddy, the little child, and the rainbow covering everything safely under its glory.

Letting go of Baby Kale didn't mean forgetting about him because he would always be in my heart. It meant forgiving myself for what happened and moving forward with life.

Because this was how things were meant be.

Even though things didn't turn out how I expected, I was happy, knowing that he was, at one time, real.

After showering and getting dressed, I went downstairs to the kitchen to make breakfast, only to find it empty.

That was strange since Nana usually woke up early to cook breakfast or did chores around the house. I walked to her room and knocked on the door. "Nana, it's Ally."

"Come in, dear." Her voice sounded frailer then it used to be.

I twisted the doorknob and entered the room to find her still resting on the bed with the duvet over her legs. "Morning, Nana. Did you have breakfast already?"

She managed a smile. "No, not yet, dear. I am just a little tired and sore this morning."

I sat down on her bedside, holding onto one of her fragile hands. "Are you okay? What happened?"