You can't

Moose's POV

She was about to speak again but i kissed her. Her body tensed up. She didn't kiss back. Or do anything. I think she was frozen out of shock. When i pulled away she looked up at me. And she slapped me.
"Why do you try?" She asked. "What do you mean?" I asked. "I am broken. I can't love you or anyone. My ability to love is gone." She whispered. "I can help. I can fix it." I said. "YOU CAN'T. NO ONE CAN. YOUR THE ONE THAT BROKE IT. BROKE ME. YOU CAN'T FIX IT. YOU CAN'T FIX ME." She yelled at me through tears. "Let me try." I said. "I've been through to much pain. You can't. I won't let my heart break again." She whisperd. "If i could. Love you like that. I would try. But." "But what?" I asked. "But i can't love. It hurts me. I can only let my brother in. He's the only one i can let into my heart knowing i won't get hurt somehow. I thought being away from you would help this. Help me. But it didn't. It only hurt me more."  She said. I pulled her in for a hug. She tried to pull away but i wouldn't let her move. She looked up at me. I let her pull away this time. But before she could run away i said one last thing to her.

"I won't ever stop trying to get your heart to love again. I know you can. I love you. Forever and always."