Wishing well

Your POV

When he said that to me. I didn't move. I didn't run back inside. He still had a grip on me. But i barley felt it. I was crying so much. I snapped back to reality. I realised what was going on. I looked at George. He looked at me with those eyes. He didn't take them off me. I don't know what i was thinking but i bolted. Not inside. But to the park. It was only a few minutes away and i needed to think. So i ran. When i finally got there i climbed up a tree. The tree to be exact. The one i always climb up. I sat and thought. I cried. Why does he think he can fix my heart? Im broken. It hurts me to think about this but i have to. I need to understand my life before i decide to live it. My old home isn't that far away. Im not talking about Nathan's place. Im talking about where i lived while i was on the run. Maybe I'll go there. Yea. That'll help. I hope. So still crying a bit i hopped down and walked 15 min. To my old tree house. I saw it and climbed up the old rope ladder. This is nice i thought while climbing. But this brought back a memory of me and George. Me falling of the rope. Him catching me. I started to cry again. When i got to the top i opened the trapdoor and crawled in. I shut it and stood up. It was exactly like i remeber it. It had the cot. Rain collector for water. It still had all the blankets. Wow. I could live here again. It could be like old times. No one but me. Living off of water and stuff i hunted. Wait. Are they still here? I ran over to the trunk that came through the bottom. And opened it up. I had built a secret compartment for stuff like my weapons. I had opened it and saw what i wanted to see. My bow. Arrows. Lighter fluid. Swiss army knife. Everything was here. But i couldn't stay here. I would love too. But i can't. I still have Nathan. And a channel. And my friends. I have to be there. In reality. I shut the compartment. And climbed down. I walked back to the convention. I saw that George was STILL outside. He was sitting down. His head was between his knees. And his hands were on top of his neck. I sat down next to him. He looked up but didn't speak. I decided to. "When i met you. I was mean. I was wearing my armor. I didn't let a lot of people into my life. But you changed that. You helped me see that i didn't have to face the world all alone. You helped me see that a little kindness and love. Could go a long way." He looked at me. Then he spoke up. "When i met you. I was only living for myself. I barley helped people. And you changed that. You showed me a world that i didn't have to be all alone. You showed me that being selfish and alone wasn't my only option. That i could be a good person." I looked at him. It was dark now. "George. Today i had a lot of time to think. I learned that life is a like wishing well." "How so?" He asked. "You say your wish and there's a 50% chance of it happening or not." I said. He was still looking at me. "What did you wish for?" He asked. I looked away. And answered. "For the ability to be able to love again." "Well did it come true?" He was looking away now. "I don't know. I hope so. Because there's a person that i want to try and love." I said. And then i shivered. It was cold. And i left my jacket in my bag inside the convention. He noticed.  He put his arm around me and pulled me close to his chest. "I've missed you." He whispered. "Me too." I whispered back. And we just sat there in silence. Not talking to each other. Just sitting. It was nice to not think about how my life has sucked for the past few months. I decided that just for today i would live in the moment. Because i hope that this moment never ends. I liked being there in his arms again. With no friends to try and take a picture or video. Or me worrying about my past. Or future. I just hope. Hope that this moment is something that actually matters. I hope that my wish comes true. That i will be able to open up my heart again. Because I've missed my friends. My brother. Even him. The person holding me right now.

Moose's POV

She was shivering. I decided to pull a risky move. I put my arm around her and pulled her closer to my chest. She didn't pull away. We sat there in silence for a while. "George did you really wait out here for the whole time i was gone?" She asked me. I nodded. She started to get up. "Where are you going?" I didn't want her to leave. "To get my jacket. I'll be right back." She told me. And walked inside. A few minutes later she came back with her own wolf sweatshirt. She grabbed my hand and pulled me up. "George i have a fun idea." She said. "What?" "How about we get the proper dummies and Liza and Virginia. And play Ghost in the Graveyard?" She asked. I nodded. That sounded fun. She texted them all. "They'll be out in a few min. That means we can scare them!" She told me. I nodded. And we hid behind a tree just as they came outside. They looked around. And Y/N ran out and screamed at them. They screamed like 5 year olds. It was funny. I came out and we started to play. It was fun. I ended up hiding with Y/N. We hid for a while. Her spot was legit. And that ment we had time to talk. "Hey. Are you going to move back to Texas? Nathan really misses you." I asked/told her. She looked at me. "I don't know. I mean i would love to. But i can't just leave Virginia. She is my best friend." She told me. "Well if you do. I always got your back." I told her. She kept looking at me. I don't know what came over me. But something did. I leaned in. And she didn't stop me. I leaned in a tiny bit more. To where lips almost met and hesitated. She finished the rest of the kiss for me. It was like a breath of fresh air. I haven't loved some one in a long time.

But now i finally did.