are you flirting with me?-♡

Requested by dearevanliars13

♡♡♡

Click,

Click,

Click,

Nothing.

One of the struggles of owning a mechanical pencil was the lead. It was something that was easy to forget to pick up at Target. Plus, pencils always ran out of lead when they were needed most.

Granted, asking other people for pencils was a struggle within itself. The majority of people you would ask would only have 1 pencil left for themselves. Others would have no eraser, while some would only write in pen. Sometimes, they would give out manual pencils, when you religiously used mechanical pencils, or vice-versa.

Evan scanned the room, trying to find someone to ask for a pencil

Jared never had any school supplies, so he was out. Dana's pencils didn't have erasers (and they were manual, but anything helped, in the moment). Matt, who always had pencils on hand, was sick. Sabrina had been using pen since 6th grade. However, Zoe, the girl who sat next to Evan, seemed to have a reliable pencil supply. He didn't know her penmanship preferences, but she seemed reliable. Not to mention, he had been admiring her from afar since sixth grade. He felt slightly intimidated, but he went in for it, anyways. Plus, he read somewhere that pencils were a good conversation starter... or maybe it was ramming into them in the hallway... Either way, Evan was trying to kill two birds with one stone here.

"Hey..." Evan asked, leaning over to ask Zoe.

"Yeah?" Zoe replied, turning to face the boy.

"Can I please borrow a pencil?" Evan asked.

"Oh, yeah, of course..." Zoe smiled. She dug around in her Forever 21 Makeup Bag-turned-Pencil Pouch to find a blue pencil. She quickly handed it to Evan.

"Thank you so much..." He said, as their eyes met, "I'm sorry, but... you have like...really pretty eyes..."

"Oh, thank you," Zoe laughed, her face turning a dark shade of pink.

"I mean, you're just an attractive person in general, and I've never really noticed that before-I mean I have noticed that, anyone with eyes could notice that but-"

"I'm sorry, but, are you flirting with me or something?" Zoe asked,

"I mean, it depends on how you define flirting, or whatever..." Evan quietly responded.

"Why don't you call me sometime?" Zoe asked.

"That sounds cool," Evan smiled, as the teacher walked in the classroom. He was close to asking Zoe her number, until he noticed the combination of digits, written on the pencil.