you're blushing -♡

Requested by dearevanliars13

Trigger Warnings: Suicide Mention, homophobia mention/feminist insult (idk what to call it)

♡♡♡

Zoe stared blankly at the PowerPoint that was projected on the screen. She couldn't stand to hear this teacher rant about population, and how governments for corrupt. The girl was growing restless, it being her last class of the day. She needed something to do. Something to think about. Naturally, it was the boy who sat in front of her that caught her attention.

Zoe had a crush on Evan Hansen for a couple years now, contrary to popular belief. Most believed that she crushed on more popular guys, or, as many would say, guys in her leagur. However, the boy that sat in front of her in history was a lot more intriguing than the jocks who she had been recommended. They were all rude anyways. One even called her "queer" simply because she had a hoodie that read "Feminist" across the front. She quickly told this boy off, and never heard from him again. She just knew that this boy wasn't like the rest.

He was in the same grade as her brother. Zoe knew Evan slightly well, though Evan was never friends with Zoe's late brother, Connor. Yes, you read correctly. Late. He had taken his own life, around a week before this particular day.

She opened her notebook, and started to scribble a couple of things down.

"Whatcha writing?" Alana asked. Alana was a studious girl, who sat next to Zoe. They weren't best friends, but Zoe always found herself chatting with Alana in history, when needed. Zoe didn't have too many friends in this class, so Alana (and Evan) was the closets thing she had to a friend.

"Oh, nothing..." Zoe replied, as she scrambled to close the notebook.

"Zoe?" Alana asked.

"Yes, Alana..."

"You're blushing..." Alana almost laughed.

"What? No, I'm not..." Zoe tried playing off, but Alana saw through this.

"Okay, whatever..." Alana kept quiet as long as she could, until she decided to speak up, "By the way, you and Evan would look super cute together,"

Zoe rolled her eyes as she reopened the notebook. There was no use hiding it now. Zoe mulled over the words, trying to decide if she should try and ask him out. She knew for a fact that Evan would not make the first move.

♡♡♡
"This is going to sound so vulgar, but that dead kid's sister is hot..." Jared told Evan, as they both walked to history, the next day.

"Jared, you can at least call her by her name," Evan told him.

"Doesn't she sit behind you?" Jared asked.

"Yeah, she's really nice... I guess we're like, semi-friends or whatever. I don't know if we're legit friends, but I mean, we talk sometimes. I've known her for like, forever..."

"Evan?" Jared asked,

"What?" Evan replied.

"You're blushing..." Jared told him.

"What? No I'm not. I have a cold or something and I-"

"OH MY GOD, YOU LIKE HER! I KNEW IT!"

"Okay, maybe I do, but why does it matter? She's out of my league anyways..." Evan replied.

"Bro, trust me. She probably likes you too... She and Alana were talking about some guy and they kept looking at you..."

"Really?" Evan asked.

"Yes... Just, try to make some kind of move during class..." Jared told him, as they walked into the history classroom.

♡♡♡

"Hey..." Evan started.

"Hey..." Zoe replied.

"So, How is everything?" Evan asked.

"It's fine, really. I don't want any condolences..." Zoe replied, suddenly hurt.

"No, I don't mean everything with your brother, I mean like, your day and life and stuff like that..." Evan rambled.

Zoe couldn't help but smile, "I'm sorry, usually when people ask me that it's about Connor..."

"No, I'm sorry I made it sound that way..." Evan said, wiping his damp hand on his shirt.

"You're all good..." Zoe smiled.

"So..." Evan started.

"So..." Zoe replied.

"You're blushing," the two said at the same time.